Citi Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Citi Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Citi

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Early ID Program: after the mentorship program, I was recommended to a 1st round phone interview. 1st round consisted of two 30-min phone calls with analysts (mix of behaviorals and technicals). Superday consisted of a case-study, 3 rounds of interviews with a VP, MD, and an Associate (leadership, technicals, and experience)

Interview Questions

• How do you approach when connecting qualitative and quantitative informations?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

First-round interview over the phone. 2 interviews in total.
    Then you have a Superday that includes a case study and 4 interviews with senior-level employees. The final-round interview was divided into 4 parts: Behavioral, Technical, Experience, and Case Study

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

First round was a group interview with 8 people (2 sections, one was news article discussion and the other was technicals). second round was a case, third round behavioral.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Submitted a resume along with my transcript. I went through a series of phone calls and then ended up at a superday in NY and then a super day in San Francisco, where I accepted a summer analyst position. Following the summer, I accepted a full time position.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Hanover, NH (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

After you submit your application online, you may be selected for a first round in-person interview. Mine was with a vice-president. I networked beforehand and attended the info sessions and coffee chats offered on my school's campus.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply a discount in a discounted cash flow analysis?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

1 round of on-campus interview followed by super day in NYC. They added a case-interview component that's not common for investment banking. In addition, asked basic valuation questions that can be reviewed via the guides.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process in itself was fairly easy; I applied online, as well as got an employee referral and then got a phone interview about one month later. The interviewer pretty much grilled me about everything.

Interview Questions

• What was one article you read lately that interested you?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through college or university on Handshake. Heard back from alumnus for first round phone interview. Was made alternate for Super-day but nothing opened up. Be prepared for FIG specific questions, esp. special ways used for valuing banks outside of DCF and within DCF Gordon Growth rather than perpetuity method, levered instead of un-levered, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: what are a banks main sources of revenues? Expenses?
      Q: walk me through a DCF
      Q: if you were to invest in a bank stock right now, how would you choose? What valuation metrics would you use?
      Q: What are the shortcomings of beta as measure of risk?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied to both company website and school career center. Got to speak with an associate from the San Francisco office. The call was relatively short and was pretty technical. Messed up on a few questions and the associate had to help me walk through the problems

Interview Questions

• Had one phone interview with an associate at the SF Tech group. The call started off pretty behavioral then transitioned into technicals pretty fast. Asked about merger questions and basic FCF questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through university and had an on campus interview with Citi's alumni. The whole interview process was not pleasant. They were over 10 minutes late and they behaved like they did not have much time to talk. Two interviewer kept asking me questions not relevant to Investment Banking at all. The questions were almost behaviour.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.