Close Brothers Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Close Brothers

2.8

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Close Brothers (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1st round was telephonic technical. 2nd round was face to face with team manager and service manager.Final round was with HR.

Technical round was average no tough questions or tricky. Straight forward questions.

Interview Questions

• project cab process, how would you decommision and upgrade application tier.   Answer Question

Tech Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close Brothers.

Interview

The whole process was very efficient and the recruiters did a great job. Had to do a presentation and have two different interviews. A group task was done afterwards. Overall was a very good and smooth process

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked about the presentation we had to prepare   Answer Question

Credit Modeling Analyst (Graduate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Close Brothers (South Wimbledon, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Brief Phonecall with HR, Numerical and Verbal Psychometric Tests, Phonecall Interview with Hiring Manager, In-person interview with the Hiring Manager and Senior Credit Modelling Team Member, and Final Stage Interview with 2 Senior Members from Credit Risk Modelling Department.

The key to interviewing for CB from my experience is to comprehensively understand what makes CB different too larger Investment Banks/Banks. The majority of this can be found on their website, CB specialises in providing Asset-Backed lending services to SME's within the UK. The interviews were fairly standard, if you prepare fully then you should have no problems and the interviewing style is fairly relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CB?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work In this Role?   Answer Question
    • Technical questions (Specific to the role); Credit Risk Modelling, Linear Regressions, Monte Carlo Simulation, Statistical and Financial Modelling.   Answer Question
    • Explain a Monte Carlo Simulation to somebody with very little understanding of Statistics/Mathematics/Finance. (Also asked the same question on P-Value)   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Close Brothers (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

Excellent professional approach to recruitment. HR team were friendly efficient and made whole process a pleasure.
    Prompt and professional from initial application through interview and feedback
    Interview lasted 90 mins - lots of opportunity to ask questions and give very good outline of company structure and ethos.

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Close Brothers (London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process were done through the recruitment company. Interviews was dynamic, but there were obstacles related to complexity of recruitment process such as to many phases of recruitment which leads to moral exhaustion of a candidate and difficulty of presenting him/her-self in the best shape.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work in this position while having too much qualifications for this role?   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Close Brothers (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied to a job posting on LinkedIn.
    Received a call from HR almost right after submission of application. After asking about my current Circumstances, a face to face interview was scheduled.

The interview was conducted by another Scrum master and the Delivery Manager

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what is a successful Scrum Master   1 Answer
    • If you had to Drop one scrum ceremony from the process, which one will it be   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Close Brothers in January 2019.

Interview

Made an online application and contacted within a few days for an interview.

Interview itself went rather well and I left there feeling positive about the experience and company.

However, I was amazed that for a company of its kind, they did not have the professional courtesy to send a rejection email. I had to go on to the application page where I saw “declined” after which I contacted the recruiter who informed me yes that was accurate. She did not aim to provide any feedback on why and I had to come out and ask her before her doing so. It was clear that had I not reached out, I wouldn’t have been informed in any way, shape or form that I had been unsuccessful. Feedback itself was all good with rejection reason been they decided to go with a candidate with more experience and had the cheek to add “it was a close call” clearly not close enough if you didn’t deem me worthy of so much as a rejection email; either that or you are just a highly unprofessional company without a care for your brand or processes.

Not one I would ever apply to again now or in the future. When a candidate takes time out of their day to travel however long for an interview, it’s a bad look for a company not to even so much as email that one has been unsuccessful. As to how many candidates this company interviewed and as a result found it such extra work/difficult to feedback to is beyond me.

Totally appalling.

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Close Brothers (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

I was looking at breaking in to my first role in the finance industry after a history in property. I knew I would have to start from the bottom and work my way up the ladder and the Close Brothers website made it very easy to find the roles that would be relevant to someone with my experience by giving in depth descriptions of the roles and the requirements needed. After applying for the role I had a quick response from Close Brothers and had an interview booked in straight away. I had three interviews in total, two face to face and one over the phone. The first two were the face to face interviews and they were with my Line Manager, my Sales Director and the in-house recruiter, Katie Durant. They were all incredibly friendly which put me at ease straight away and it felt like a conversation rather than an interrogation which I've experienced before. After the first interview Katie called with feedback within a few days and set up my second interview with her and the Sales Director. Again, this was an incredibly relaxed interview which again made me feel very comfortable as it felt like a friendly conversation. It struck me that this was the first company I'd interviewed with that seemed to care if they were a good fit for me rather than just if I would be a good fit for them. They explained the company ethos and what their visions and values were in detail and it became more and more apparent that this was like no other company I'd worked for before. Again, after my second interview Katie got back to me promptly and set up my final phone interview with the Sales Director and the Managing Director. This was another friendly conversation where they asked a little more about me and how I could see myself fitting in to the role. What I also liked is that they were prompt and on time for all interviews as I was doing this whilst still working for my previous employer and squeezing in the interviews during lunch breaks, etc. so it would have cause issues if they were not on time. It has been the most pleasant interview process I've ever been through without a doubt and couldn't recommend the company enough. By no means was it a walk through - they ask a lot of questions and probe to see if you're right for the job but this is to be expected from any employer of such statute. What I would add is that most employers don't carry out the process with the amount of class and professionalism that Close Brothers does. As they are a bank there was also the background checks to go through but this was easy to complete.

Interview Questions

• With no previous experience in a business to business sales role what do you think the biggest challenges you will face will be?   1 Answer

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close Brothers (London, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Full application form, psychometric tests, telephone interview and then a full assessment day.
    Interview with a member of HR and somebody from the department, pre-prepared presentation with recommendations for future technology and a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you weren't given as much information as you needed, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Close Brothers (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Very quick and easy. Kept informed all the way, no time wasting and made to feel valued. The interviewers were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They weren’t there to catch me out but were genuine, nice people whom gave me the feel of wanting to work with them.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.