Cognizant Technology Solutions Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Business Analyst

Cognizant Technology Solutions Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Cognizant Technology Solutions

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Mainly Domain Specific questions were asked. Apart from these the important sections of the business req document were discussed.
The interview lasted about an hour where previous projects were discussed and the challenges faced in the previous projects.

Location constraint

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email from Cognizant hiring manager and showed an interest on my background. The first interview is through call with HR manager, and the second interview is with department director after HR manager sends my resume to relevant department.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience of working with customer data?   1 Answer
    • Can you please introduce yourself?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career network in January.

I was chosen for a first round interview in late February on my school's campus. The interview consisted of walking the interviewer through my resume. We talked through how I solve problems; they want to hear that you break down the problem into different parts to analyze them individually and then analyze the problem as a whole. The interviewer was asking rapid fire questions one after another. She also asked me how many golf balls could fit into an airplane, so brush up on how you would go about solving these types of problems. I didn't think the interview went too well but I got an email the next week inviting me to final round interviews.

The final round interview in Teaneck got pushed back multiple times due to inclement weather. I finally interviewed at their headquarters in late March, over a month later. The interview day consisted of two interviews: one case and one behavioral. Brush up on your case interviews, especially SWOT analysis and estimation questions. There weren't really the typical hard case questions from what I heard.

Everyone at the office was extremely friendly on the interview day. The behavioral interview was just talking about my experiences. This interview started late so I didn't get the full 30 minutes with the interviewer.

The case interview was a little frustrating. He asked me how a pharma company could develop a marketing strategy and sales approach for a new diabetes drug. He was expecting me to walk him through a SWOT analysis and seemed annoyed at the approach I took. We stopped the case after a little while and just talked about problem solving. I didn't think this interview went well at all.

A month later I heard back from one of the managers that I was getting an offer. I received the official phone call later that week and the official letter the same day as the phone call.

I chose another firm because of location and compensation. Overall I thought the process took a little too long and was very drawn out, but the atmosphere at the firm seemed great and I liked everyone.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

It was through referral. They interviewed for a position so all the questions were more inclined towards what I can do rather then what I have done in the past. They took 3-4 rounds of interviews and it was all smooth. The HR bargaining for compensation is really hard.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions
      Eduction Background
      Describe your projects
      When can you join   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Group Discussion.
    Interview
    HR interview
    Background Check,
    Projects?
    3 People Interview, Multiple Rounds
    1:1
    Situational Questions

It's important to treat people well during the interview process. I never want to lose a potential customer or cause a candidate to have a negative impression of our company." Your interview process reflects the value your company places on each candidate and, by extension, each employee.

Interview Questions

• Questions -
      Interests? Domain? Skill Set? Past Experience? Projects?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Was pretty straight forward with 1 st round of standard BA questions like what are strengths , weakness, followed by HR. The HR asked for previous pay stub to make the right offer.

Interview Questions

• How did u gather requirements & what are ur strengths?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through college job site, interviewed on campus, went to Teaneck, NJ for final round interviews at HQ. Both rounds of interviews consisted of one case interview and one behavioral. As someone without prior BA experience, the senior manager doing my behavioral interview really dug into the details of my other experiences to assess my fit. It was challenging and engaging, but I ultimately didn't get an offer. I requested feedback from HR and was told the recruiter would ask and get back to me. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Took over 3 weeks to get a decision after the final round.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2010.

Interview

Requirement Gathering Process, Domain Knowledge, Certification

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in February 2010.

Interview

Had an initial discusion with the HR, they asked th usual questions about the nature of work and what domain expertise I had etc. Then current and expected salary, work location etc. Then I had a technical round where they grilled in for about 45 minutes. After which I received the offer letter. Smooth and straight forward process.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2011.

Interview

I was hired as part of their "US Campus Program". Which is a program that they recruit out of US Colleges. I was first interviewed by Jeff Comerford at my school where I learned more about Cognizant. He also asked the basic "who are you" questions, and invited me to ask my own. I was called into a second round of interviews with many other candidates in Teaneck New Jersey. There were 3 separate but equal interviews, Technical, Personal, and Professional. The technical was the most difficult.

Interview Questions

• During my technical interview i was faced with questions on technologies I had no idea about. But the interviewer was kind enough to excuse me and told me not to worry, that I would learn more about them as I grew in the company. And I most Certainly have.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.