Cognizant Technology Solutions Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cognizant Technology Solutions Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated 4 Dec 2018

2.9

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton, AR (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Benton, AR (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by CTS recruiters from India for a position for one of their key accounts. I made my monetary expectations very clear and current responsibities. Since I am doing pretty well with my current role as Architect, I am looking to move ahead with this switch. I was then called by US Recruitement Team. I had 2 Technical Interviews + 1 VP / Practise Head interview [in 4 weeks period]. Had technical interviews with a practise team and a week later with client team. VP asked general questions about my past experience and ability to fulfill requirements of consulting opportunities and handle large delivery teams. These interviews went well. HR Recruiting lady called me and informed that I can fit well to their org and that they want to go ahead with hiring(first they said at "APM" level.then as my CTC is at higher, it will be "M" level) .

They took my 3 years of W2's and after little bit of negotiations, we agreed on pay & posistion as well(10% more than current CTC). They made few reference checks, including current client manager and said that they are proceeding to roll out the offer letter in a week(once she receives all approvals from her upper mgmt). However, it did not happen. So, I called back to check their posistion and then I reaized that they could not offer me posistion because -

1) they have few 10+ years candidates in that team at "APM" level. Offering a posistion, "M" level posistion will cause discontent amongst existing team.

2) The CTS upper mgmt felt the CTC that was quoted will impact P&L of that account. To begin with, I have quoted my expectation very clearly. Even while negotiating, this HR lady mentioned that she had verbal approval for my expectation. and was waiting for email approval from the BU Head.

I work for a direct competior of this org and having various interactions with multiple org of the scale > CTS.. If the posistion cannot afford expected CTC, they have tobe forthcoming instead of wasting prospective employee's time. It may be possible that their internal account teams may be efficient and transperant & responsive, but the recruiters seems to be wanting on these qualities. I need to follow up regularly to check where it stands.

My advise to future candidate(atleast for CTS US hire) are:

1) Make your expectations crystal clear, right from the first communication.
2) If they are taking more time, chances are that they are likelyto be buying your time for alternative options and keeping you as back up, at the cost of your time.

Interview Questions

• EAI, Architecture, Past Experience to manage large teams   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Manager Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Wilmington, DE (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

1 Phone screening. 1 Phone interview. 1 in person interview. Lots of SDLC and business process questions. Situational and account questions asking how to deal with clients needs. As most of Cognizant's work is done at the client location, there are lots of what if scenarios detailing what should and could be done to gain clients trust, as well as develop a relationship to acquire new business.

Interview Questions

• Describe the life cycle of a product or process?
      Describe what you would do when a client requests something that is undeliverable or is going to take more time than originally discussed.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

First round of questions by recruiter who will always try to force you accept a lower level then you should be at. Questions are more the line of client management and PMP processes.
    Resource management is good amount of work.

Interview Questions

• How will you help an associate who is always late to office and never meets the deadlines. How will you protect your resources from Clients. How will you make sure offshore flaws are not visible to client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have good negotiators who convinced me to accept a lower designation. Which I found later was a complete lie. You have to be tough in negotiations to get a good pay and designation else you will loose. Do not believe any promise made by recruiters.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

First the recruiter vets you, then you speak with Directors and Senior Managers. The questions are mainly around experience and background. You should know how your skills will fit into the group and position you are interviewing with and for.

You need to ask detailed questions about the role and their current sales pipeline to really get a sense of the projects you will be working on. Also ask questions around process and what it is like to work for a IT consulting from as this is not a strategy firm. Interviewee should be prepared to work on very small teams and work long hours. Ask questions around how projects are scoped and make sure you are interested in a role that is PMO centric.

I advise speaking to consultants that have left the company. Also keep in mind that this a truly virtual company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salaries are set and movement is limited. Reasonable ask for a PM is 130k to 140k.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Springfield, MA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Email from the recruiter describing the job.Then a telephonic interview was scheduled through email.
    Telephonic interview was for half an hour and was about current role, industry wise questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Good methodological way of doing the interview,very pleased with staff who made me comfortable, but they they try to buy you in with the green card carrot and heard it would be processed only after 2 years and your H1B or L1 will be screwed by that time

TCS is better

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Initial HR screening followed by technical round of interview..
    Technical Questions were easy.No complex code questions.
    1 more Managerial Round of interview.
    HR called in 2 days time for discussion related Salary.
    Interview process took 1 week

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Interview

The process was fairly easy (behavioral q's). The staff was nice and the process was smooth. The interviewers were easy to speak with. No hard q's were asked throughout the whole process.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2011.

Interview

I had 3 round of interviews
    First with the Technical Team where i had to go over the product related questions based on scenarios and the solution i applied in my past experience
    Second with Client and the Technical Team- Client had more questions related to my experience on handling the situation like short notice on projects and surprises
    Third is with HR and Global Immigration Team - Related to my visa status and documentations

Interview Questions

• They want most difficult situations (scenario based) from my experience how i designed a solution to a client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

HR contacted for a position followed by 2 technical interview. Later received 3 more calls for technical cum project management round. Next day HR informed about my selection and working on my Offer letter.

Interview Questions

• 1) Are you ready to work as senior developer / senior tester if project demands?
      2) What are the positive things you bring to Cognizant?   Answer Question

they informed that the offer will be released in a week but 2 weeks over. I am thinking to decline the offer (not sure whether it will come or not)

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.