Cognolink Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Cognolink

2.8

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Received an email from Hiring Manager that they would like me to come into the office. Sat down with a male who was quite "tough" in the questioning department--as well as a female who may have said five words. They introduced themselves briefly & the male went right into asking questions about the global economy--specifically to Asia. He then asked a few more economic questions pertaining to current events both domestically & internationally.

They then briefly went over my resume & a test case.

Business Development Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cognolink in March 2015.

Interview

I initially applied to be a researcher, but they reached out to me about business development. They called to set up a phone interview, which took place the next day and lasted about an hour. At the end of the phone interview, I was told I would come in to the office for an interview the next week. A few days went by and I was told they would like to do another phone interview. No one called at the time the interview was scheduled; I received a phone call over an hour late, when I had moved on to something else and was caught totally off-guard. The interview did not go well, and they did not pursue my candidacy. Before each call I was told what topics we would go over and what I should study for, but then I was never asked questions relevant to the topics. A wholly confusing process.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through the Cognolink careers page, and was contacted for a phone screening with the head of human resources around a week later. The screening was mostly behavioral questions, and I was given an opportunity to ask questions about Cognolink and the position. My interviewer called me around a week and a half later to notify me that I wasn't chosen, and I was able to get feedback and ask a few follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you overcame in a group project setting.   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience transitioning into university life.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink.

Interview

Contacted through e-mail to set up phone interview, lasted about 15 minutes. Contacted through e-mail again to set up Skype interview - lasted about 30 mins. Didn't hear back until about 2 weeks later - they seemed to have forgotten they interviewed me. Told me to apply again after gaining experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied via online application and was contacted for an interview after a brief phone call. Upon visiting the office I was greeted by an HR specialist who asked basic fit questions. The interview style was open-ended and about understanding my background. Two team leaders ran the second leg of the interview which covered job-applicable skills. The asked about my understanding of the research process. The process is fairly straightforward as outlined on the website, but it's helpful to speak with someone who has experience in the industry in order to provide additional color during the interview.

They offered a "case study," which was just a sample client request and was fairly simple. Asked more about my background. A more formal and less personal interview than the previous section.

Interview Questions

• Our client wants to understand why a clothing retailer is closing its stores in the US, but opening stores in Europe. Who should we connect the client with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

There was a three step interview process. The first interview was a simple overview of the position, qualifications, and work status. The second interview was comprehensive involving a more in depth analysis of your qualifications, including two case studies. The case studies were straight forward, and sought to address your critical thinking abilities, in addition to your logic, and comprehensive approach to resolving a question. The third interview was with a member of the management team, and was pretty straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

The HR rep is great!!! very nice and informative. But when you come in for the interview it take a strange turn for the worst. The interview become a good cop bad cop interrogation with the VP of North America and Research Team Leader, which make you feel really uncomfortable. The 2nd question in... I knew I didn't want to continue with this company.

Interview Questions

• What step would you take in order to create a popular micro-brewer in queens?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First is a quick phone interview with basic questions. Then you meet with some of their team leaders to discuss the hedge fund side and the private equity side. They want to check if you just understand the basics of the industry with easy case study questions. Then final round of interview is focuses more on your knowledge of finance, and more of a questions of a current financial topic. Overall, the HR department is a mess and they are terrible at communicating and getting back to you in a timely fashion.

Interview Questions

• A private equity firm is looking into a business buying hearing-aids, what are they paying for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, a 10 min phone interview followed. After that I was invited to an interview with team leader and HR person.
    They asked about my CV, my experience and interest in the industry. They also wanted to know what I know about Cognolink and the industry. There was a case study involved.
    The interviewers were very nice and open. I didn't feel uncomfortable and tried to answer the questions the best I could. I received a rejection the next day because my experience and skill set wasn't what they were looking for, which was rather annoying since they have seen all that on my CV before I came to the interview. I think they could have found that out during the phone interview the latest...

Interview Questions

• Case study question: A private equity firm wants to invest in an aluminium can manufacturer, name three people you would connect them with.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink.

Interview

I interviewed from far away, so there is a phone screen, then multiple video interviews until they decide that they want to see you in the office. They don't pay for transportation--quite frankly they don't need to with the amount of recent college graduates looking for professional experience.

Entire interview is case-based and conversation based. Just demonstrate a modicum understanding of the research analyst industry, and be able to explain that revenue=profit-expenses, and you'll be good to go.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cognolink?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.