Cohesity Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cohesity Interview Questions

Interviews at Cohesity

Director of Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cohesity (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Interview process was poorly planned. I was one of the first candidates to apply, and I completed the first battery of interviews within a couple of weeks, but then went a full month without any movement. Then not only was a decision not made, I found out there was another round (which was never communicated by HR). So I was being compared to candidates that were interviewed much more recently than I had several weeks earlier.
     Communication style of recruiting team could use some work as well.

Interview Questions

• Fairly pedestrian questions for such a long interview process, but the one consistent question was about what type of company culture and pace I am comfortable with.   1 Answer

Senior Big Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cohesity in August 2020.

Interview

HR Session:
    The first interview went well as HR was warm to talk to.
    I was asked some basic technical questions along with the reasons for the new job, and why Cohesity, and what I am looking forward to in the new job.
    In the end, I was given an opportunity to ask questions.

Technical Interview
    I was given a scenario-based question. I solved it using my knowledge of Message queues and design/code a solution on limited data.
    I wasn't given an opportunity to ask questions related to the job.

Interview Questions

• This question was related to a message queue where the message is coming and whenever from the front-end, if click a button, it should show me the latest N (1 - 50) most recent distinct readings. (In the message queue, the readings could repeat).
      Consider the question as a the concept of cache and set.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cohesity.

Interview

The interviewer asks me some general questions and introduce myself, then provide some technical algorithm problem. They will give me lots of hints and so nice with me around the interview process.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cohesity (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Overall interview process overall was good. Telephone technical screening was easy. The interviewer was understanding as i was from networking background.
    One onsite interviewer was very discouraging and rude. Another round during onsite was with two new grad, they were looking up interview questions on laptop and asking from there.

Interview Questions

• Database, Backups, bonding, LACP, gratuitous arp, inverse arp, RMAN, snapshot   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cohesity (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Several phone screens (6 or 7), 1 face to face meeting and 2 follow up phone calls in the span of 2-3 weeks. In more than one instance HR/Recruiting had no idea what was going on as the Hiring Manager had "gone rogue" and re-scheduled interviews without HR/Recruiting involvement.

Interview Questions

• Basic Project Management questions and asked to describe experience in similar roles.   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cohesity.

Interview

Thorough, fair, yet challenging. Met with about seven people beginning with a face to face with potential leader for the role. Then a series of face to face meetings at HQ. Great candidate experience throughout and the recruiter was cordial, professional, and throrough.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something I don't know about our role?   2 Answers

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cohesity (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Multiple phone screens both technical and culture driven. Three face to face interviews with personnel both inside and outside the direct organization. Recruiter was prompt and great to work with and worked around my schedule. Negotiations were tough but fair.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cohesity in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process consisted of multiple phone interviews and in-person meetings. The entire process was designed to be as convenient as possible to accommodate applicants with current job responsibilities. Rick was an extremely responsive recruiter and answered all of my questions almost immediately. Although I did ultimately receive an offer and accept a position, I believe I would've felt that I was treated with respect regardless of the outcome.

Interview Questions

• How do you view the current industry landscape as it relates to our technology?   Answer Question

Field Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cohesity.

Interview

Contacted via text message? despite already having received a rejection email from my online application. Representative calls me out of the blue twice asking to chat about the position and has not emailed even once. Asks for my phone availability and does not respond to a specific time and calls me despite having never confirmed any time details. Extremely unprofessional and almost suspicious. Keeps wanting to set up calls without confirming anything via email ever. Still do not know whether he is even a cohesity employee.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cohesity.

Interview

they asked a lot of stupid questions that lead me to think that the purpose of the interview is to steal the trade secret of other companies. They asked about the projects, and delved into the detailed how/why i did that. The questions were very basic , that l thought their purpose was to steal the trade secret of other companies

Interview Questions

• the projects and simple programming questions   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.