Coles Personal Shopper Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Coles Personal Shopper Interview Questions

Interviews at Coles

1.9

Personal Shopper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles.

Interview

I applied online and then I had to go through an psychometric test. After passing the test few days after I got a call for the group interview. Then in the group interview they asked us one by one to tell me about ourselves and ask the interviewers one question about the company

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Coles

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email about a week later saying I'm shortlisted. 2 weeks later got another email inviting for interview, the interview was scheduled one week later (we chose our interview time slot online).

Interview Questions

• EXACTLY the same questions that we have answered online, nothing else. It wasn't really organized, the manger only have some white paper with scribbles, she didn't even have the applicant's forms that we were required to fill.   Answer Question

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, South Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Salisbury, South Australia (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online took about 3 weeks before I got a call for a group interview for the next day.
    There was about 10 of us and there were 7 positions.
    Thought interview went well as it was a relaxed atmosphere.
    Was told we would get an email within 3 days to see if we were successful or not.
    But unfortunately was not successful. I don't know what I did wrong, but I am just over 50 and even though they say there is no age discrimination. I don't believe it.

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coles (Adelaide (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Within a week, I had totally forgotten about the application until I received an email inviting me for a group interview. I had no idea what this was, until I looked on glassdoor. I arrived 5 minutes early and along with the other 20 people, stood nervously, awaiting the interview.

We were taken into a back room with three tables, where we sat down. Make sure you sit with people you feel comfortable around. There is not much worse then sitting a table where there are too many people 'showing off' or even those who are quiet and won't contribute.

We wrote our names on a name tag and were told to tell the group our: Name, previous experience and why we chose coles. After which we went through a powerpoint and were given a 'run down' of the overall job.

One of the individual activities involved matching barcodes with particular items, while the group activity was based around placing certain events in order of priority (eg): Spilt drink, customer looking frustrated, run out of stock, crew member falling behind, 15 minute break etc. After this time our birth certificates and ID were taken in a random order (a bit nerve racking actually)

We were told if you get an email thats bad, but if you get a call, thats good. After 4 days of hearing nothing, I checked my coles portal where I had been offered a second interview (lucky I checked)

My second interview was easy, although I was still scared. I sat down, went over my availability, given a quick tour and congratulated on receiving the job.

Top tip, wear smart but casual clothing with black shoes... Try and get a long with the managers in the group interview and ask questions!! It shows that you're keen!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us you name, previous experience and why you chose coles   1 Answer

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kilburn (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles (Kilburn (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

Group interview , informal even though asked to dress in business attire, never got a one on one interview was disappointing only did activity as group and a question by yourself. Not sure how they select in a group when they don't even give you a chance to have private interview even for 2 minutes. Still had 1/2 hr left which they could have used to interview us.

Interview Questions

• They never asked questions except what is customer service which we asked as a group   Answer Question

Personal Shopper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email telling me I was shortlisted, got call from manager for face to face interview, bit of a stuff around afterwards but we got there in the end

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coles (Brisbane (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very casual and comfortable! Goes for 20 minutes and was a one on one interview. I didnt struggle at all but that's because I went through glass door at possible questions

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you worked in a team   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time you showed initiative   1 Answer
    • Describe a time a customer was upset and how you dealt with that   1 Answer
    • What is your avaliability   Answer Question

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a reply 24 hours after applications closed saying my application is now being reviewed by the manager. A couple of days later I received another email saying I've been accepted for a group interview and had to book a time.

Upon arriving to Coles for the group interview, I noticed the group was lined up outside Coles awaiting arrival of more applicants, when it hit 4PM, the online manager came out and had us follow her to the office room at the back.

Upon taking our seats, another manager asked us to write our names on a piece of paper and then we had to do 3 activities.

Q1: Sort the events from most important to least important. For example, the events we were given were;

- Customer looks frustrated
    - Customer approaches you asking for assistance
    - Taking your break
    - Colleague passes you and is in a rush because their time is almost up for their work

etc etc

Q2: Because this was an online position, we had to sort the products into theoretical basket orders on a piece of paper. Basically matching product codes to the basket order etc

Q3: How do you deal with an angry/polite customer? We had 2 pieces of paper and had to list how we would deal with an angry customer and a polite customer. Pretty straight forward.

Then they gave us an application form and had us basically re-fill out the form you do online but they make it VERY CLEAR that you MUST be honest otherwise they can fire you within the 6 months probation period.

We then handed over our photocopied identification and was allowed to leave.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry and a polite customer?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.