Collaborative Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Collaborative Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews at Collaborative Solutions

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions in January 2020.

Interview

I received an email stating that they were interested in a one-way skype interview. About two days later I had a phone call with a recruiter where she outlined what to expect and asked a few basic personality questions. She scheduled a second interview with an associate who had been in the position for around 3 years. He was very friendly and mostly told me about what to expect but didn't really ask much about me beyond introductions. I then received a polite but personal email explaining that they had decided to go forward with a different candidate that had prior Workday experience. Had I moved forward though they did let me know to expect an in-person Skype interview that was a little more technical (would have been a strong point for me) and then an in-person interview. They were very transparent upfront about pay, expectations and on-boarding process. They spent about an hour and a half total on the phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

HCM Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

Interview

This was a quick and impactful interview process. I began by applying online through Handshake. I received an email from the recruiter a few days after to see if I was still interested. I was then sent a video interview with pre-recorded questions. 4-5 basic questions about past experience. I received an email the following Monday to set up a call. It was a 30 min screening with the recruiter. I was then set-up for a call with a current consultant who has gone through the HCM Associate program. This was an hour call and I was then moved forward to a video interview with current HCM managers - this call lasted about an hour as well. I was then notified about an hour after the call that they have moved forward and hired another candidate with more of an HR background.

The recruiter, consultant, and both managers were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Everyone I interacted with was enthusiastic, positive, and authentic. Collaborative seems like a phenomenal place to work and start your career.

Interview Questions

Collaborative Solutions Response

10 Dec 2019 – Director, People Services

Thank you for sharing about your positive interview experience! We are so happy to hear that everyone you interreacted with left such a great impression and you got a good sense for how great Collaborative works hard to be! We wish you the best of luck in your endeavors - you never know if our paths will meet again in the future!

Workday HCM Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions.

Interview

Had a video interview that went very well, answered 5 questions (why Collaborative/role), relevant experience, etc. Then I got an email asking if I was available at "x" date and time for a phone interview, but I could not make the specific date and time the recruiter initially suggested. I agreed to the next time the recruiter suggested, but it ended up being a little over 3 weeks later. Because there was so much time in between interview stages I did interviews and a couple onsites for other companies, and an onsite for a big 4 firm. In the end, I emailed the recruiter to withdraw my app and cancel the call because I accepted an offer elsewhere at a tech company (and so far still no response from recruiter). I likely would have accepted an offer with Collaborative if the process went by more quickly, but I know how busy work can be in consulting so I understand that things get prioritized.

Interview Questions

Collaborative Solutions Response

6 Nov 2019 – Director, People Services

Thank you for taking the time to share about your interview experience with Collaborative. We appreciate your honest feedback and wish it could have turned out differently. Maybe we'll see you again in the future!

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Reston, VA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The intention of my review is not to blame the Collaborative Solutions team for my short life with the company (less than a month) but provide awareness to management and new hires. The interviewing process took about close to a month starting in late October of 2019 and hired on December 2, 2019. The offer was in line with what I expected.

During the interview process I was interviewed by the HR recruiter, a co-worker, suppose by the Director (twice the interview was canceled last minute, no explanation was provided), and two VP’s. The VPS apologized for the Director no show. The HR recruiter also voiced her frustration and apologized for the no show. She was amazing during the process and readily available to answer any questions I had.

The most important aspect of a company for me is the culture, with my short life, I believe the culture truly and room for advancement exists.

My advice to new hires focuses on the Workday prep courses if you have never worked in the ecosystem before. The nature of the company obviously directly connected in support of the Workday platform as a partner. You need to pass the workday exam.

My onboarding lack clarity, two days after I accepted the offer, I received an email from the onboarding training team on the courses I need to take during my first week before heading to 9 days of Workday training. Another email, two days before my start date I received my first-week curriculum only includes internal onboarding training courses plus HR documents I need to complete as a new hire but did not include the Workday prep courses until later in the week. Had I had the opportunity to focus on prep courses prior to attending the Workday training, I had a great opportunity to pass the exam. My training classmates and collogues had the opportunity.

In summary, for new hires focus on the Workday internal prep courses would help tremendously with the exam if you never worked in the ecosystem before. I took full ownership of not passing the exam, but I believe with the guidance and support I would have passed the exam.

My advice to the HR onboarding team and management, if you feel confident in a candidate, please provide guidance and support to the new hires during the onboarding process, a mentor. I felt like I was on an island on my own with a lack of clarity and guidance. If they are successfully the company will thrive. I am a firm believer in investing in your employees and it starts from day one. Please make sure the new hires feel part of the team instead of just a number.

Advice to Management
    Please connect with the hires and provided clarity and guidance and assigned a mentor so they feel they are part of the team instead of just a number or a dollar sign.

Interview Questions

Collaborative Solutions Response

6 Jan 2020 – Director, People Services

Thank you for providing your honest feedback regarding your time at Collaborative. We appreciate your advice and will keep it in mind as we continue to evolve our onboarding process. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

HCM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Pretty straight forward with no surprises. They asked me about my resume and to explain why I wanted to work for them. The recruiters were pleasant and I enjoyed speaking with them. I highly recommend looking at this company.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume and then also explain about some of your skills such as Excel and others.   Answer Question

18 Dec 2019 – Director, People Services

Thank you for providing insight into your interview experience at Collaborative. We wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and are happy to hear you had a pleasant experience with our recruiters!

Workday Reporting Consultant Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Tampa, FL (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview was a very amazing process. I applied on LinkedIn, then externally through the website. I heard back later that day and was sent a link to answer 3 questions via a video recording app. After that, that same day, I was able to make an interview appointment with the recruiter. I made the appointment for one week later. After my interview with the recruiter, I made an appointment with the person currently in the role I was applying for. I heard back from the recruiter the next day and made an appointment to the manager over the reporting consultants. The interview was scheduled for two weeks after. After that interview, the recruiter reached out to me the following day to make an appointment (the 5th and final interview) with the director of this department. Two weeks later I was able to complete the final interview. The recruiter reached out to me the next day to confirm I was still interested and sent all the interview feedback to the executive team. I heard back a few days later with an offer packet!

Interview Questions

Collaborative Solutions Response

13 Nov 2019 – Director, People Services

We hope your experience at Collaborative has been a great one so far! Thank you for sharing about your interview experience. We are glad it worked out for everyone!

Payroll Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Remote, OR (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

First interview was with HR, second interview with a payroll IC. Both were very pleasant . Third interview was with a Project Manager who was extremely cold and combative from the get go. There is a difference between being professional and being just rude. Does CB train their PM's on how to interview potential candidates?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about state reciprocity.   1 Answer

Workday Absence Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied online and got an email back asking me to do a online interview. Its just a recorded interview with preset questions. I got an email the next day from a recruiter to talk about the position and if I was ok with going to California for a month to get certified in workday. I was ok with everything and the salary was within my range. I thought the interview with the recruiter went well but I never heard back even after I followed up 3 weeks later. Its been about 2 months and I have not heard back yet

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to go to California for a month to get certified.   1 Answer

18 Oct 2019 – Director, People Services

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview process with Collaborative. Our recruiting team strives to maintain timely communication throughout the interview process, so we recommend you reach out to your recruiter and check in. We wish you the best of luck.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I interviewed with Collaborative Solutions starting in June 2019 and the process was very smooth and straightforward! The entire interview process was organized through a talent acquisition specialist who was very professional and timely when updating me on next steps.

The Interview Process went as follows:

20-minute Interview with Talent Acquisition Specialist just making sure that the position is a good fit for you and the company. Ask standard stuff like: can you work remotely, desired pay range, why collaborative, etc. The next day I was contacted to set up a phone interview with my hiring manager for the end of that same week.

Hiring Manager Interview: 1 hour total. First 30 minutes was the interview and the last 30 was for questions. It was a little more job-specific. Asking about me and why collaborative. Compare my background with the responsibilities of the position. Asked about some of my responsibilities in my previous positions. After this interview, I was contacted the following week (Interview was on a Friday) to schedule another phone interview with my regional director.

Regional Director Interview: The interview was also an hour and organized similarly to the one prior. 30 minutes of interview and 30 minutes for me to ask questions. Had me walk them through my resume and then tell them why collaborative. Asked more detailed questions about past experiences. After the interview, I was contacted the next morning to set up my final in-person interview (for the following week) with a regional manager who would actually be working in the office closest to me.

Regional Manager: this was my favorite interview. It gave me a chance to actually sit down with one of their employees and discuss the company face to face. I also got to see the office which was nice. This was probably the most conversational interview. The manager was very nice and just wanted to make sure that I was the same genuine individual in person as I seemed to be over the phone. Again, 30 minutes for the interview and 30 minutes for questions.

Final Decision: Almost 2 weeks later I was given the final decision and offered the position. However, the talent acquisition specialist kept me in the loop the ENTIRE time on when decisions were being made and when I could expect to hear back from them which helped to ease my nerves.

Summary: Each step in the interview process allowed me to gain more insight into the company and the culture. They want to make sure you are a fit for Collaborative. These are not trick interviews, very conversational! Know your resume, be yourself, trust your preparation, and ask questions. You will be fine!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about specific projects you have done and how that work could translate to this job.   Answer Question

17 Jul 2019 – Director, People Services

Welcome to Team Collabie! We are so pleased your interview experience was such a smooth and positive one and will definitely share this feedback with our recruiting team! Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience!

HCM Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions in June 2019.

Interview

The process was very laid back and moved rather quickly with 1 interview per week. I was contacted a few days after applying by the recruiter and spoke with her for about 30 minutes. I then was set up with a Skype interview with a manager which was very laid back and easy going based on my background implementing software. I then had an hour long phone interview with a director where it was more behavioral based questions and making sure I was a good fit for the role.

After each stage, I reached out to the recruiter and team member I interviewed with to thank them and the recruiter was extremely responsive and very prompt. Very professional. After the last interview, it only took a few days until the offer was presented. The offer was right at the top of the range I expected and on par with what their consultants make and the market value is.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you had to deliver bad news to a client and what their response was?   Answer Question

15 Jul 2019 – Director, People Services

Thank you for taking the time to share about your interview with Collaborative and welcome to the team! We are glad the process was smooth and concluded on a happy note for all parties. We will be sure to share this feedback with our recruiting team. Cheers!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.