Commerce Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Commerce Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at Commerce Bank

2.7

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

3 persons (including head of the area), plus 1 HR. Friendly environment, and got a good impression about it. Process was relatively fast, with all communication done by email.

Interview Questions

• went over resume, examples of compliance reports, example of projects, explained future plan   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Clayton, MO (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Disclaimer: I have never written a Glassdoor review, but I feel compelled to warn people about the ineptitude that is Commerce Bank.

I was not actively seeking new employment opportunities but was referred by a Commerce employee who was a former colleague and someone I respected. I first interviewed with the hiring manager and her superior. It went really well, and then I didn't hear anything for the next month. They then reached out via email and had me speak with someone in Talent Acquisition via phone. After another week of silence, they asked me to come back onsite to speak with the hiring manager again. We talked compensation and other items, she provided an office tour, and spoke as though I had the job. Excited, I spent the evening preparing an 18-page deck of analytics opportunities we could tackle together based on the challenges they described, which I emailed to them late that evening. The hiring manager and her superior called me the next day and extended an offer, which was a relief since my current employer was beginning to ask questions about the several "appointments" disrupting my work schedule. I asked the hiring manager some clarifying questions via email over the next day (PTO, benefits, etc.) and asked if they had flexibility to increase their base offer by a marginal amount. They wouldn't increase the base comp, despite being much lower than my current salary, but I told them I would accept because the potential for growth seemed to be there and the opportunity was much more aligned with my interests and passion. I then heard nothing for days despite my follow up. In fact, I had to engage my internal contact who referred me to even get a response; I mistakenly thought they would be excited that I accepted the offer they presented. They then sent an email and told me it was nice to meet me and effectively wished me a nice life.

If you are considering this place, save your time and the roller coaster ride and pursue an employer with competent leadership and regard for the candidate experience. Receiving an offer at Commerce is no indication that you will be given the role; in my case, it seemed to merely be a formality in exchange for the free consulting they received from me. To say I feel used would be a gross understatement. This was the worst candidate experience of my career by a large margin, and I would never recommend Commerce to anyone.

Here's the real kicker: the managers with whom I interviewed, who this position would report into, were in HR -- the people who are generally most concerned about a favorable candidate experience and who are supposedly skilled in dealing with people. Run folks!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Springfield, MO (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online.. They called me saying they liked my resume and wanted to meet. Scheduled a meeting for the next week and they informed me of their decision by the end of the next week

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

They like to waste your time. I was told since I did not have my PHR I was not qualified. A few months later it was fine that I did not have a degree. I spent 4 hours on my Friday afternoon in bad weather only to be told on Tuesday, that I don't have enough experience.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

A very well structured, tailored to my experience list of questions. Very comfortable and warm atmosphere dring the interview, no "stress-questioning", which I am particularly sensitive to as an immigrant. An extremely friendly and open HR manager. A very neat and comfortable branch with helpful associates at the front-line.

Interview Questions

• Tell about some case when you had a conflict with your colleague/manager.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Clayton, MO (US)).

Interview

Panel interview in front of 4 people. Questions were directed form different people with not organization. You never knew who was going to blurt out a question next. Questions were even being asked even as I was standing and the interview was over and we were exiting. very uncomfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• After responding to a question, one interviewer asked me another question while making a joke out of my previous answer and people laughed.   1 Answer

Social Media Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview

I reached out to a contact at the company and applied to the position. Got a call back for a phone interview with HR, then moved on to an in person interview. After the in person interview, they sent me a writing assignment. After submitting the writing assignment, less than a few hours later I received a generic email saying they went with another candidate.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

Met briefly with the HR contact.
    Manger interview was around 45 minutes and was a good experience.
    Went back a week or so later for an interview with my manager's manager.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges you faced?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

HORRIBLE. They have no clue what they are doing. 3 different people reached out to me not knowing that they were talking to the same person. They are always looking for talent acquisition employees, HUGE red flag.

Software Development Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview was behavioral/company Fit oriented. Challenge questions did occur to test my knowledge of scrum, development, and java in general. The hr talent individual was helpful (was a java developer at some point) to point out areas that were buzzwords before the meeting began.

Interview Questions

• What ceremonies exist in Agile   1 Answer