Commerce Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Commerce Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions

Interviews at Commerce Bank

2.9

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Wasted my time! Received a call to reinterview for the Personal Banker position I had turned down 4 months earlier. This time around, it was in the location I had preferred. Total waste of time as I was not offered the position, even though the same person interviewed me the second time around. Nothing had changed with me and they would not give an explanation as to why I wasn't offered the position this time around. LOTS OF TURNOVER obviously. Just take a look at the open positions in this area.

Interview Questions

• The usual "tell me about a time when you helped a customer and it lead to a sale", etc. This was my second interview with the same person asking the same questions.   1 Answer
  • "If I asked the manager in one year what they would say about having you on their team, what would they say"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Commerce Bank

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, KS (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Lansing, KS (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied for this position 14 days before I was called in for an interview. It was a one on one interview with the branch manager. The next day I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to work with others to accomplish a task?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Saint Peters, MO (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The process started with phone interview that was slated to last about 15 minutes, but the interviewer was engaged and curious about my work history and my activities in managing a non-profit as it related to finances, so it actually lasted around 30 minutes. A background check was performed immediately after. Two weeks later a 45 minute in-person interview was then conducted with the group manager at one of the bank locations; you will not necessarily interview at the location that you applied at. My location wasn't, but it coincidentally happened to be at a location where I and my family bank at. The first thing my interviewer told me was that he lost my resume and hadn't read it prior to the interview, so the entire experience was answering questions that would have been answered had he read it and been prepared to conduct an interview, with much less engagement than the recruiter who I interviewed with by means of telephone, since they had a copy. When I heard him tell me that, I immediately lost excitement about the job if this is an acceptable style of management for a bank, and the prospect of the position being offered to me to begin with, but I still did my best. The interview would have included behavioral questions related to the job that I had applied for, but when he told me he was going to ask those questions, he continued asking about my work history instead. I found the interview to be very stressful as he was not prepared, appeared disinterested since the moment we shook hands, and seemed to have been trying to run out the 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What my employment and educational history was - literally nothing that couldn't have been learned from reading an applicant's resume.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Columbia, MO (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

It was an over the phone interview with standard style questions. Overall it took around 30-45 minutes for the entire interview process. He mainly asked brief skill assessment and job history geared questions.

Interview Questions

• DESCRIBE SITUATIONS IN YOUR PREVIOUS JOBS WHERE YOU EXCEEDED CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

A very well structured, tailored to my experience list of questions. Very comfortable and warm atmosphere dring the interview, no "stress-questioning", which I am particularly sensitive to as an immigrant. An extremely friendly and open HR manager. A very neat and comfortable branch with helpful associates at the front-line.

Interview Questions

• Tell about some case when you had a conflict with your colleague/manager.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Clayton, MO (US)).

Interview

Panel interview in front of 4 people. Questions were directed form different people with not organization. You never knew who was going to blurt out a question next. Questions were even being asked even as I was standing and the interview was over and we were exiting. very uncomfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• After responding to a question, one interviewer asked me another question while making a joke out of my previous answer and people laughed.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Normal, IL (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was given an assessment after the initial application. Once I passed I was given a phone interview that lasted about 45 mins. After that I was given a face to face interview at one of their nearby branches and given an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose banking?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very simple. I applied online and got a call a week later for a phone screening, The face to face interview followed two days after. I didn't hear anything back for over a week so I called was told that I was not offered a position.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to via Indeed by a recruiter who had me partake in a brief phone interview. From there, I was invited to the Clayton headquarters for a in-person interview held by a panel of 3 people from different areas of the bank. Mine included one HR representative, one branch manager, and one group manager.

Interview Questions

• How does coaching and development occur at your current position?   Answer Question
    • What do customer interactions sound like on a given day?   Answer Question
    • Does your current employer follow any model that promotes positive customer service?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, KS (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a very fast phone interview with HR. The math and ethics questionnaire took 1 hour and 20 minutes. I sat with the branch manager and lead teller. It was an easy, casual interview. The branch manager was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the branch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. Tell me about one of your weaknesses. Did I ever have sales goals that I was responsible for ? Did I meet my goals?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.