Commonwealth Bank of Australia Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, first round phone with standard HR questions and second round is a networking events. Final round is assessment day which includes behavior interviews and group activities.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too extraordinary, some of the behavior questions can be very detailed and grilling   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2009.

Interview

Do you understand the role / Describe the role
    Walk me through resume
    Leadership / teamwork skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was happy with offer.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2009.

Interview

HR screening followed by 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager, which is around introduction to the role and the team. Opportunity to talk about your background followed by behavioural based questions.
    Another interview with the MOR (Manager one-removed), around skills and going through your resume.
    3rd and final interview with a few members of the wider team to ensure that you are truly compatible.

Interview Questions

• Picks out a job i performed in my previous job and asked me to describe how i performed that job.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a pushy customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much as an analyst. Just state reasonably high salary expectations (if you have previous experience) before you start the recruitment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview of two people, asked behavioural based and some industry type questions. They were friendly and gave explained the role. Could tell they had alot on their plate however but still offerred to answer questions surrounding the role and everything .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with the manager and a consultant. They were very nice and engaging. They made me feel at ease.
    They answered any questions I had in depth.
    I felt they weighed my personality and skills the same amount, which I thought is a very good thing.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewers was well organised. All the questions asked was relevant to the role I have applied. Very smooth process overall... The questions are related to both technical and non-technical (behaviour related)

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Online application, phone interview and personal interview.
    Phone screen was performed by the recruitment team - extremely professional and one of the best recruitment teams I have dealt with. Very evident they are focused on sourcing top talent.

Interview Questions

• Motivation for applying for the role and leaving current job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

First round interview with two hiring managers (I was applying for two roles). Focused on going through my background and experience to understand my CV better. The managers explained the team make-up, roles, responsibilities etc and asked me questions pertinent to the roles (strengths, weaknesses etc).
    Second round interview with upper management. Again, went through my CV and asked me questions about career aspirations and other cultural fit questions.
    The external recruiter advised me that both roles I was applying for had been filled internally after the first interview. However, I proceeded with the second interview as I was advised that this would put me in good stead for any future roles within this particular team at CBA. After my second interview I asked what next steps would be and was advised that should any roles open up that I'd be suitable for, I'd be contacted. I've been contacted about two roles within different teams since then (so within a month of the first interview process).

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you explain an "accrual" to a person without an accounting background?
      2. What would your current manager tell me your key strength or weakness is?
      3. What are your improvement/development points and how are you working on them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was an hour long, a lot of situation based questions, a lot of discussion on internal and external factors affecting businesses, credit process, the interviewer was nice and understanding and gave the opportunity to speak your mind. Overall experience was great.. to bad I didn't get the job, but I know it was a long shot for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you supported a team member?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone screening interview, then 1st interview, then 2 online tests (numerical test and personality test), and 2nd interview. The whole process took about 45 days since I submitted my application online.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview are the usual standard & boring questions you will get anywhere else (why CBA? what makes you interested in this role? and briefly going through all details in your CV). The next 2 interviews are more interesting with straight-to-the-point questions about your experience and skills in order to evaluate if you can deliver in your new role with CBA.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very quick. I had a general idea of how much the market pays for the job and CBA made a reasonable offer which I was happy with.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.