Commonwealth Bank of Australia Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Went through HR, was easy to deal with. Behavioural style interview process.
2 rounds of interview including meeting hiring manager & head of.
Offices are nice and in a convenient location

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR after submitting my application to have a quick chat, then was scheduled for an interview with the hiring managers, then another interview with the team

Analyst Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interview, one is phone interview with HR, and the other one is face to fact with two managers. The overall process is rather quick and HR provides feedback over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you give a summary of an event or a presentation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Online application, phone interview and personal interview.
    Phone screen was performed by the recruitment team - extremely professional and one of the best recruitment teams I have dealt with. Very evident they are focused on sourcing top talent.

Interview Questions

• Motivation for applying for the role and leaving current job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

First round interview with two hiring managers (I was applying for two roles). Focused on going through my background and experience to understand my CV better. The managers explained the team make-up, roles, responsibilities etc and asked me questions pertinent to the roles (strengths, weaknesses etc).
    Second round interview with upper management. Again, went through my CV and asked me questions about career aspirations and other cultural fit questions.
    The external recruiter advised me that both roles I was applying for had been filled internally after the first interview. However, I proceeded with the second interview as I was advised that this would put me in good stead for any future roles within this particular team at CBA. After my second interview I asked what next steps would be and was advised that should any roles open up that I'd be suitable for, I'd be contacted. I've been contacted about two roles within different teams since then (so within a month of the first interview process).

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you explain an "accrual" to a person without an accounting background?
      2. What would your current manager tell me your key strength or weakness is?
      3. What are your improvement/development points and how are you working on them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with the manager and a consultant. They were very nice and engaging. They made me feel at ease.
    They answered any questions I had in depth.
    I felt they weighed my personality and skills the same amount, which I thought is a very good thing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was an hour long, a lot of situation based questions, a lot of discussion on internal and external factors affecting businesses, credit process, the interviewer was nice and understanding and gave the opportunity to speak your mind. Overall experience was great.. to bad I didn't get the job, but I know it was a long shot for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you supported a team member?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview of two people, asked behavioural based and some industry type questions. They were friendly and gave explained the role. Could tell they had alot on their plate however but still offerred to answer questions surrounding the role and everything .

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone screening interview, then 1st interview, then 2 online tests (numerical test and personality test), and 2nd interview. The whole process took about 45 days since I submitted my application online.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview are the usual standard & boring questions you will get anywhere else (why CBA? what makes you interested in this role? and briefly going through all details in your CV). The next 2 interviews are more interesting with straight-to-the-point questions about your experience and skills in order to evaluate if you can deliver in your new role with CBA.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very quick. I had a general idea of how much the market pays for the job and CBA made a reasonable offer which I was happy with.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewers was well organised. All the questions asked was relevant to the role I have applied. Very smooth process overall... The questions are related to both technical and non-technical (behaviour related)

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.