Commonwealth Bank of Australia Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated 7 May 2019

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

First an online assessment consists of two parts: multiple choice behavioral based questions focused on customer services, and money counting. Then after telephone screening regarding general employment status, another online personality questionnaire requires rating like ten statements presented in different ways over and over again. Final stage is a group interview section doing retail banking customer service scenario role play, and followed by a short one on one interview with branch managers. If successful a background check is also needed.

Interview Questions

• What is the differentiating strength you could bring into the team?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roma (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Roma (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

Had Digital interview 3 weeks after online application.The supposed face to face interview with the branch manager in our suburb ended up to be a skype interview with 2 branch managers of different area as the branch manager was on holiday. Generally accommodating and comfortable during the course of interview. Less stressful compared to a sit in interview.The overall experience is a learning curve coz that's the 1st time I got to be given a chance to progress for an interview. 3 weeks after, got an SMS that application was not successful. Some 2 weeks after, the recruitment team rang back inviting me to have another meet up with the branch manager this time and was asked if I would still like to consider the job opportunity. The conversation was very light and comfy, she didn't even go through the rigid process of asking interview questions. She described it as meet up, maybe just to build up an impression on the pool of candidates who were shortlisted. The waiting process on the result of the application was dreadful, applied Dec 2015 and the final decision of not being offered a job ended Mach 2016. Its like hanging the whole time whether or not you will be considered, only to find out that the decision was made due to operational changes as one of the internal members of the company decided to relocate on the branch I applied?

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be working at Comm Bank?
      How do you get yourself familiar with the products /services your are offering?
      How would you go about achieving sales target?
      How can you deliver excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Waverley (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Glen Waverley (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

There were 3 stages to the process
    1. Counting money via internet
    2. Digital video submission - You were given 6 questions and are required to record a video of your answers (It has a time limit and you cannot re-do the questions once the time is up)
    3. Walk in interview - consists of an individual (20mins) and a group interview (roughly 30-45 mins)

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online, did online test ( scenario based questions and cash counting), 3 days after I received an invitation for a digital interview ( I have to answer 7 questions- which I have written below). One week later, I was invited to the assessment centre where there were group activites ( it was fun and just be yourself and relax) and a panel interview. Before the day ended, I received a call informing me that I have progressed to background check.

Interview Questions

• How does technology of cba helped in achieving its mission   Answer Question
    • which of the cba values is important to you   Answer Question
    • why do you want to apply for this position   Answer Question
    • what can you contribute to CBA   Answer Question
    • role play: a customer wants to deposit a check to save up to buy a car, how will you interact and address the needs of the customer   Answer Question
    • how did you handle a complaining customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (East Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Online application - online accessment (including money counting) - digital interview (15mins)- personality test (you'd better answer it in 25mins but there's no timer) - interview at the branch (phone invitation in the morning and interview in the afternoon at the same day)

Interview Questions

• For the digital interview, there're 7 questions and only 6 needs your answer, and you have 30 seconds to prepare and one minute to answer.
      1\What is your understanding of our technology and how is it helping our customers?
      2\How does your experience and background relate to the role and what can you bring to the company?
      3\Commonwealth 5 core values, what do you think about them? Which CBA value is important to your personal and work life?
      ...(can't remember)
      6. You don't need to answer as it is just an introduction of Q7; You can just click next.
      7. I was given a scenario where a video of a man saying: Hi there my name is John and I am hoping to save for a car in about a year and wanted to deposit a $20,000 check into my account. Can you help? Then I to answer as if I were a teller.
      Note: You have 2mins to answer it.

One week later I am invited to meet at the branch with the branch manager and the cumtomer service manager.
      Question:
      1\ tell me something about you except the jobs, e.g. hobby
      2\what is your favorite book
      3\Tell me your experience with an angry customer
      4\What is your understanding of this position
      5\what does this position interest you most
      6\how do you see yourself with commbank
      7\how long have you stay in Melbourne
      8\Role paly: to have 5 minutes to read a brief of bank service of bank account and one customer profile. Then the branch manager plays the customer’s role, and ask me to help him with activating his bank card. When serving him, the candidate shall identify any sales opportunity.
      9\do you have any question (they are quite encouraging you to talk, and I ask three)
      The whole process takes 30 minites.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in April 2017.

Interview

I was invited to attend an interview with two branch managers. Interview was formal but very relaxed. The interview lasted for about an hour and I received prompt feedback within 24 hours advising me that background checks would be undertaken, these took about two weeks to be finalised after which time I was verbally offered the position by the Talent Requisition Specialist. The whole process was very professional and prompt.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with pressure?
      Give an example of a time when you have handled passing on negative feedback to management.
      Give an example of handling friction within a team.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

I got to know about the job from indeed.com and I applied through their own portal. The next day I got invited to do the digital interview. I have 5 days to get that done. They inform of the next steps after this one that's conducted by HireVue.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

online application - online questionnaire + cash counting test - digital interview (ask about 7 questions) - personality test (more than 100 questions) - assessment centre (group interview + two rounds of 1:1 interview, morning tea and lunch offered) - background check (took about 1 week) - offer

The interviewers were quite friendly and helpful. Don't be nervous and try to enjoy the experience:)

All the best!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2017.

Interview

I have done digital interview 1 week before and I received the email yesterday to inform me they will arrange time to interview me with hiring manager during next 2 working days. I think it will be next year.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

A very long & drawn out recruitment process. From submitting my application online to the next step of online psychometric testing, to next the digital interview then onto the interview conducted in branch. Feels very odd that every interaction right up until the interview process is all done via online/email. No face to face or even voice contact for weeks, which I understand is time & cost effective for the business but it makes the whole process feel very uneasy, impersonal for the applicant & you wonder if they even care to get to know you for you. Outcome of my branch interview still pending.

Interview Questions

• Numerous behavioural questions asked about previous customer service experiences & youre asked to do a role play with the Manager.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.