Commonwealth Bank of Australia Customer Service Representative (Teller) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Customer Service Representative (Teller) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Brisbane (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, followed by an online assessment then a digital interview, they use a system called Sonru to record your answers.
There are 7 questions in total, every question has 30secs to prepare, and 1-2min to answer.
Question 6 is a scenario question you need to type your answer, this one though no time limit, it confused me. Ending up I answered nothing but hit the next button...

Interview Questions

What is your strengths and weakness?
    Why do you want to work for CBA?
    Tell me about a time where you did something wrong and received constructive feedback.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Customer Service Representative (Teller) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone interview which took around 15 minutes. The interviewer asked generic questions like what roles does a CSR perform. I felt the interviewer was reading from a script so the phone interview was not engaging. I felt I was wasting the interviewer's time as the phone interview felt rushed.

Interview Questions

• What does excellent customer service mean to you?
      How does a customer servce representative contribute to the success of CBA?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative (Teller) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

1.Apply online
    2.Do money counting skill test
    3.Maths and Comprehension test e.g. (? x 13 + 43 - 210 = 119) or (520 / ? + 265 = 285)
    4.Personality test (no right or wrong answer)
    5.Digital interview (via webcam) 7 Questions.
    They give you a question and you have 30 seconds to prepare your answer and 1 minute to give your answer. Not live, just recordings.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience and background relate to this role and what could you bring to the company?   1 Answer
    • What values are important in your personal and work life?   1 Answer
    • What is your understanding of our technology and how is it helping our customers?   1 Answer
    • In question 7 i was given a scenario where a video of a man saying: Hi there my name is John and i am hoping to save for a car in about a year and wanted to deposit a $20,000 check into my account. Can you help? then I to answer as if I were a teller .   3 Answers

Customer Service Representative (Teller) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in March 2015.

Interview

Online application (questions about employment history, customer service etc), followed by online testing for cash-counting speed and precision and multiple choice behavioural questions, workplace and customer service oriented.
    Phone interview with HR, questions about handling stress, meeting sales targets, why you're applying for this job.
    Further online testing - 100+ multiple choice questions asking the same ~6 questions over and over in different ways (to gauge personality type I suppose) - impossible to answer to self-satisfaction, be as honest as possible.
    Face-to-face interview with branch manager and assistant manager. They were chatty and friendly and wanted to know about me before commencing formal interview. Lots of sales and customer service related questions. Got offered the position (unofficially) pending background check the same day. Lodged police check, gave permission for third party to contact references etc. Formal job offer eight days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an unhappy customer - how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative (Teller) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2012.

Interview

group activity followed by 1:1 interview with a talent partner and branch manager, followed by an quick interview with area manager.

-group activity was scenario based, providing situations on a sheet and then ranking the priorities by working with other interviewees.
    -1:1 interview is based around past experiences, current skills and where you would like to see yourself in 5 years
    -second 1:1 with area manager is based on the languages you speak, how you get to work and location preference for branch

Interview Questions

• If someone came into a branch and just purchased a car, what would be the first thing you ask them?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative (Teller) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online via website. Received an email saying I have been accepted to go through to the next stage which was all done online. There was a quiz in which it tested your money handling skills. You were given an amount on screen and you had to click on the notes and coins that would equate to the said amount. It is really easy if you already have experience in cash handling, and don't worry if you don't finish because there are so many questions. The next was having to record yourself answering some question. I highly suggest that you do as many as the practice questions before hand so you feel comfortable talking in from of the camera. There was also a personality test which was reparative and time consuming but a lot of companies seem to be using this in their interview process. After about four days I was told that I got through to the next round and I will be going in for an interview.
    The interview was held at the bank I applied for. It was with the Branch Manager and the Customer Service Manager. Both were extremely friendly and they ask some questions at the beginning such as why commonwealth and to tell them a bit about myself. A role play was involved in which you had to pretend you were serving a customer.

I was told in this interview that the way they do things is that they will pick their top candidates and take them to a board and try and find the right fit for the future employer. I was called the following day by another Branch Manger from a different bank and went into another interview. Once again it was a friendly and relaxed interview with another role play.

I found out the next day that I was successful in the application with the second bank.

Also through out the process you have a person from HR call you and update you about you application which was really nice to have.

Customer Service Representative (Teller) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

I have only done the online tests and phone screen, the online tests took me several hours to finish fully! There will be questions about your personality and some general ability questions. Phone screen (?) interview had standard interview question about yourself, some service and customer questions and personality questions.

Customer Service Representative (Teller) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

had to take a few assessment centres including personality testing, verbal reasoning testing and money counting, phone interview, face to face interview, and background check. Interview process was extensive, but organised and received follow ups at every stage

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.