Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions

Interviews at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2008.

Interview

Not a strong interview process, but it was adequate as there management and myself had known each other for 10 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary ranges are fixed, but you may get into another "band"

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2011.

Interview

the process was really quick and easy. I enrolled with an agency, and they gave me the interview details with someone from HR and my now boss. There was then a second interview with my now boss, and her colleague. Then an offer was made. Very simple and easy.

Interview Questions

• Lets do a role play. I am a project manager and you have to sell the benefits of change management to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes I was able to negotiate.

Client Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Canberra (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

1. apply online - express of interest
    2. I was informed to have a digital interview
    3. psychrometric questions - 120 questions, approximately 45mins
    4. get a call from CBA said I did very well for the past two interviews but they don't have a position right now. They will put me into "talent pool", something like that.

Collections Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Submit resume, get phone screening, pass online test, then get invited to assessment centre. They asked you mutiple personality questions and also qu's regarding the job and why you would like to be a part of the company

Collections Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process involves asking questions about ones character and ones past experience in their previous job. It involves a video interview which is the step before a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• For Commonwealth they asked me of achievements and moments where I stood out in my previous work place. They also asked me what characteristics I thought were important to have. The list of characteristics included integrity and team work and others.   1 Answer

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Takes 2 rounds. in the past, was fast and simple. as long as you get to the 2nd round, 90 percent is confirmed. Nowadays, with the new hiring manager, all has to be 'Cheap & Good'. interviews many candidates and finally choose the one with lowest asking pay.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview is relatively easy and laidback. Interview was done by the team manager and an associate. Interview started of by the manager explaining what the role is about and the major challenges that comes with it. I was asked to explain in detail my work experience and how this relates to the job i'm applying. The interview finished before lunch time and in the afternoon my agent called me to advise that i got the role which i accepted of course.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the major challenge that you may likely to face on this role?   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2012.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and had an online portfolio. The main person interviewing me was really late and I go chatting to the guy that was there instead. The main guy asked me if I could work nights as it was a startup culture and he was concerned that i had children and wouldn't be able to work late if needed. Luckily I had talented work that got me through the interview and secure me a role.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, first round phone with standard HR questions and second round is a networking events. Final round is assessment day which includes behavior interviews and group activities.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too extraordinary, some of the behavior questions can be very detailed and grilling   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone screening interview, then 1st interview, then 2 online tests (numerical test and personality test), and 2nd interview. The whole process took about 45 days since I submitted my application online.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview are the usual standard & boring questions you will get anywhere else (why CBA? what makes you interested in this role? and briefly going through all details in your CV). The next 2 interviews are more interesting with straight-to-the-point questions about your experience and skills in order to evaluate if you can deliver in your new role with CBA.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very quick. I had a general idea of how much the market pays for the job and CBA made a reasonable offer which I was happy with.