Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions

Interviews at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Psychometrics first, including identifying patterns in certain series of images then a video interview. Video interview gave you between 30 seconds to around 2 minutes to answer seven different questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

Thorough; interesting group activities. Emphasis is on your communication skills and how well you gel with others. Focus on problem solving in a team setting through collaborative exercises. Interviewers were nice.

Interview Questions

• What were your thoughts on recent report released by APRA / Royal Commission etc. How can the bank effectively on-board these recommendations and improve the business?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The assessment centre was a one-day process which was very intensive. The group activity was quite demanding because it consisted of many different components. The company tour was amazing because of the high-tech implemented on the entire building.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an experience of working for something against your ethics?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Spoke to career advisors and representatives on campus. They had a stall. Adverstised the roll. I applied online. The process took a week or two. I applied in 2018 middle of the year.

Intern Interview

Interview

- Online testing
    - Digital interview
    - Assessment Centre: given a general business case and then one on one interview with two managers within business unit

It was a friendly environment with HR being generally interested in getting to know you as a person.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2014.

Interview

Was well structured. All times and dates were arranged in advanced, so there was no surprises or untimely phone calls etc.

Very fit orientated and generally everyone was very helpful and friendly.

Probably one of the best graduate recruitment teams and processes out of the other financial services firms in the market.

Interview Questions

• Why CBA?
      What did you think you could have improved on in the AC.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone call confirming offer.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was held with two managers in the wealth management risk team. They described the team and why this job is available. I was asked questions about my current role and to name what I consider to be the top 3 risks. The interviewers did not project a friendly persona and seemed preoccupied.

Interview Questions

• Can you name the APRA risk management standard and requirements?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Newcastle (Australia)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, completed an online test, was offered a phone interview with a recruitment consultant and then a face to face interview with the area manager.
    The most stressful thing was the online test which lasted about 90 minutes and included a personality test (very frustrating), a medium difficulty comprehension test and some statistical analysis tests. You will need to be prepared to do some maths and fairly difficult percentage and graph based questions for the maths part.

The phone interview was easy with a number of broad very open questions and the face to face interview was much more direct.

Come prepared with lots of varied real life experiences for the questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you help support the development of your team members? How do you coach them? Provide examples.   1 Answer
    • How will you help the branch drive results? Give examples how you have done this in a previous role?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Online testing after submitting intial application online which involved personality and analytical questions, area manager interview after online testing, second interview with two additional area managers. Alternative job offer after second interview.

Interview Questions

• How will I increase lending growth?
      focused around business development   1 Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

During a video interview, they ask a range of questions about how you suit the cba values through behavioral fit. you have 40 seconds to think and a minute to answer