Commonwealth Bank of Australia Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2018.

Interview

first round was HR screen call, recruiters were nice and professional. Also one thing impressed me was their responsiveness in getting back to your queries. The second round was with the hiring manager and its peer. It lasted for an hour, the hiring manager led the conversation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2018.

Interview

Focus on 90 day planning initially with some scenario based questioning. Challenges with 'double questions' that did not feel linear to answer. Overall traditional behavioural based interview with some adhoc questions relating to role planning and priorities coming into role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deliver feedback to someone that you knew was not going to be well received?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

It was on point. Great question and puzzles. Got to meat numerous team member and team managers. Lots of great technical questions as well as cultural and personality questions. All the team members are in the top tier of the industry. Extremely smart and pleasant to deal with.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to fire someone and how did you approach it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

A couple of weeks ago I've attended an interview with CBA. By far it has been one of the worst interview I've attended in my entire career. I've arrived 5 minutes earlier. Both interviewers were 10+ and 20+ minutes late at a 9am interview. One of them dressed like he just got out from the bed. I could tell both of them didn't have much experience in interviewing candidate and have not given a good read of my CV. Both of them somewhat unfriendly throughout the whole interview process. About 5 minutes into the interview, I have already made up my mind this's not where I want to work for, but I've to hold my cool and be professional and patiently wait for this unprofessional experience to end. They didn't give chance for the candidate to ask any questions at the end or gave an high level overview of the role of the grouch pout the entire process. Perhaps they have forgotten once they were also a candidate being interviewed and like to be treated with basic professionalism. Candidates are not there to beg for job, they're there to sell what they have to offer at the same time also assessing is the company or the team where they want to work with or for. I logon to withdraw my application, but there isn't an option to withdraw. Something for bank to improve here.

I am a CBA customer, it is the bank I still trust. I've a lot of friends work at CBA, everyone have different opinion about their experience with the bank. I heard the moral within the bank is low and a lot of bad sentiment at the moment.

I had good interview experience with CBA couple of years ago, 4 interviews and the final ones with 2 GMs. I didn't accepted the offer but I totally enjoyed the interview experience. I still believe it is a good company to work for, perhaps not this team and not at the moment. I won't view the bank negatively base on the two unprofessional interviewers.

My suggestion to the bank and hiring manager, please ensure your interviewer acts professionally. They represent CBA too.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2012.

Interview

Two round interview process describing my relevant work history. Discussed opportunities and talked about how I believed my experience and skill set could add value to the business. Process was driven by hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2012.

Interview

Over pizza and wine with a previous work colleague. Very casual as he knew I was a great asset from a previous employer where he had exposure to my talents.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2012.

Interview

Three interviews in total. Hiring manager was present in the first one (also HR). Questions were probing on experience and also asked to consider how I would apply skills in the new environment, mostly behavioural questions. Had to prepare and present a slide deck on a recent project, this was challenging as there was not a lot of heads-up that it was required. Last interview was with 2-up manager just a casual catch up to make sure I was right culture fit.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2012.

Interview

Standard meeting with immediate boss for first draft. Obviously, she had to go through a few other candidates to eventually filter out 3 to candidates. Eventually, the next level of leader (panel) would also interview me before making the final decision.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.