Commonwealth Bank of Australia Senior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Senior Software Developer

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2020.

Interview

I see most people had favorable experience. Unfortunately, mine was different, possibly owing to a lazy HR. I got a call from HR for initial screening and was asked to take a technical test, which I had passed. One hour test, with smaller programming questions. After that, I was told there would be further discussions with tech team. But there was no update afterwards. No courtesy call, nothing for wasting my time. I think if you pass the test, then at least they owe an email to candidate with an update or at least say position was filled or whatever.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

I applied online. but I have not directly talked with CBA recruiter. They have an agreement with an Indian based Consulting company.(CBA is outsourcing some Software development works to this company) So I talked with somebody from this company over the phone. And They sent me link for coding testing. I did the test and sent them back. After a couple weeks they said they wont proceed further.. so I did a research about this indian consulting firm.What I am thinking is if you are not Indian, you have only %1-2 chance to get hired. Probably they are doing interviews just for formality so they can sponsor developers from India(because it cost much less) .
    Well,I think this is not a fair process. CBA should do all interviews not this consulting company..
     I spent a couple hours to collect data and about an hour to finish coding test. so i waste 3 hours of my time for nothing. so if you are thinking to apply for a Java Developer or Scala Developer position you should think twice ..As i Said, if this IT consulting firm(not CBA) interview with you and you are not indian most probably you will not get hired..and if you are indian i believe you more than %80 chance to get hired even if you are a crappy developer...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. I did a phone conversation with a developer from a 3rd party Consulting Services(Tata Consultany Services). And i did a coding test. And after I got a message from recruiter that they wont proceed further. It was a big surprise. Then I talked a with a friend who works at Common Wealth Bank. He told me that they do interview just for formality. They sponsor low cost developers from overseas(from India),and also he said developers they brought to board are very bad. He said they do google search for everything ,copy paste from stackoverflow(even sometime they copy comments tooo) ,Well,at the end of the day the bank get screwed. So My advice is dont waste your time apply for a Scala /java develoepr job at Commonwealthbank. Everything is handled by Tata Consultancy Services..

Interview Questions

• Implements specific algorithm in scala   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in February 2016.

Interview

It was pretty lean, mainly cultural fit check. It was not much on a technical side. The interview hold over the coffee and was very informal. Questions were like this: What did you work on previously? What technology stack you would use? What were you excited about the last news? And so on.

Interview Questions

• What did you work on previously?
      What technology stack you would use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied I applied for the position, recruiter emailed me that I was selected and asked me to complete a coding assignment. After I submitted the assignment I was asked to visit office for a technical interview. The technical interview was based on MSSQL and C# questions. The interviewers wanted to know how well the candidate knows about SQL optimisation, clustering etc... and C# specific questions like Threading, Reflection etc...

Interview Questions

• Explain and draw application architecture of one of the systems you developed in the past   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

1. Find Job Vac from website posted by CBA directly, filled online application form and sent e-CV to CBA HR websystem

2. more than 2 weeks, the first phone call coming in from HR, background profile check

3. 2 hrs online technical testing

4. 2 round of technical interview

5. 1 round of manager interview

6. after roughly 1.5 weeks interview process(step 3 - step 5), got HR oral offer

Interview Questions

• subjective questions from manager interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer they given me is fair compare my previous income level, so accept it, then plan to use my real performance to gain more

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.