Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 719 interviews

2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney)

Interview

I interviewed for one of CommBank’s subsidiaries X15 Ventures and it was a baffling experience. After completing the code test, the feedback I received from the CTO was incorrect. He claimed I used loose typing in TypeScript when such a thing was an impossibility based on the config of the project (strict mode). I ended up dropping out of the process when it was clear the technical leadership in the company was non-existent. Additionally, in the first interview the CTO bragged about how much money he'd saved by outsourcing development. Given his skills, I can't imagine how bad the codebase is.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how React works
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney)

Interview

I applied online. but I have not directly talked with CBA recruiter. They have an agreement with an Indian based Consulting company.(CBA is outsourcing some Software development works to this company) So I talked with somebody from this company over the phone. And They sent me link for coding testing. I did the test and sent them back. After a couple weeks they said they wont proceed further.. so I did a research about this indian consulting firm.What I am thinking is if you are not Indian, you have only %1-2 chance to get hired. Probably they are doing interviews just for formality so they can sponsor developers from India(because it cost much less) . Well,I think this is not a fair process. CBA should do all interviews not this consulting company.. I spent a couple hours to collect data and about an hour to finish coding test. so i waste 3 hours of my time for nothing. so if you are thinking to apply for a Java Developer or Scala Developer position you should think twice ..As i Said, if this IT consulting firm(not CBA) interview with you and you are not indian most probably you will not get hired..and if you are indian i believe you more than %80 chance to get hired even if you are a crappy developer...

Interview Questions
11 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney)

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. I did a phone conversation with a developer from a 3rd party Consulting Services(Tata Consultany Services). And i did a coding test. And after I got a message from recruiter that they wont proceed further. It was a big surprise. Then I talked a with a friend who works at Common Wealth Bank. He told me that they do interview just for formality. They sponsor low cost developers from overseas(from India),and also he said developers they brought to board are very bad. He said they do google search for everything ,copy paste from stackoverflow(even sometime they copy comments tooo) ,Well,at the end of the day the bank get screwed. So My advice is dont waste your time apply for a Scala /java develoepr job at Commonwealthbank. Everything is handled by Tata Consultancy Services..

Interview Questions
  • Implements specific algorithm in scala
6 people found this interview helpful

Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in Feb 2016

Interview

It was pretty lean, mainly cultural fit check. It was not much on a technical side. The interview hold over the coffee and was very informal. Questions were like this: What did you work on previously? What technology stack you would use? What were you excited about the last news? And so on.

Interview Questions
  • What did you work on previously? What technology stack you would use?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in Oct 2015

Interview

Applied I applied for the position, recruiter emailed me that I was selected and asked me to complete a coding assignment. After I submitted the assignment I was asked to visit office for a technical interview. The technical interview was based on MSSQL and C# questions. The interviewers wanted to know how well the candidate knows about SQL optimisation, clustering etc... and C# specific questions like Threading, Reflection etc...

Interview Questions
  • Explain and draw application architecture of one of the systems you developed in the past
2 people found this interview helpful

Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Interview

1. Find Job Vac from website posted by CBA directly, filled online application form and sent e-CV to CBA HR websystem 2. more than 2 weeks, the first phone call coming in from HR, background profile check 3. 2 hrs online technical testing 4. 2 round of technical interview 5. 1 round of manager interview 6. after roughly 1.5 weeks interview process(step 3 - step 5), got HR oral offer

Interview Questions
  • subjective questions from manager interview
9 people found this interview helpful