Commonwealth Bank of Australia Summer Interview Questions

Updated 27 Aug 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Positive90%
Neutral10%
Applied online100%
3.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 10 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in Jul 2019

Interview

I applied online through the normal summer intern/worker process. After the application process, I completed online testing which included psychometric, numerical, and literacy questions. Next stage was the video interview which included seven questions.

Interview Questions
  • How do you stay up to date with the field you’re applying for?
    Answer Question
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Application

I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Interview

Online submission, testing, phone call, then assessment centre. Assessment centre had two 1-on-1 interviews. It was a good process - be sure to have strong presentation skills, it will really help you irregardless of what questions you are asked.

Interview Questions
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Application

I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Interview

Online testing, video interview, assessment centre which included speed interviews and a group case study. Assessment centre wasn’t too bad - very friendly just trying to get to know you. Respond with outcomes in five days.

Interview Questions
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Application

I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Interview

The process started with an easy application which only required submission of resume and cover letter, followed by an online assessment and then a video interview, and then an invitation to AC.

Interview Questions
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Interview

Online application + online testing + digital interview, 7 questions with 2 minutes to answer. First time doing any sort of interview, so completely botched it. First three questions were very easy as expected

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you had to overcome a major challenge
Anonymous Employee in Sydney
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in Aug 2016

Interview

Multi-stage selection process: - Online applications including resume, study history and university results; immediate cull of many at this stage - After the cull, online aptitude and psychometric testing through well-known test providers - Once passing the aptitude and psychometric testing, a short video interview (automated process using pre-recorded questions, with short amount of time to compose responses, followed by recorded response) - Finally an assessment centre of around 20 applicants. The assessment centre included one stage involving a team project (to assess collaboration and group dynamics, as well as negotiation and group presentation skills), one stage of individual interview (reasonably standard questions), and one stage of individual presentation (see question below). This was the final stage.

Interview Questions
  • What is one concept/idea particular to your area of university studies that you could apply at CBA in a new and innovative way? (5 min thinking/prep time) 1 minute individual presentation to a panel.
  • The CBA core values are Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence, Service and Accountability. Tell of a time that you displayed one of these values either at university or employment.
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in Aug 2016

Interview

Application and online assessment which was followed by video interview and assessment centres. Unfortunately I didn’t make it to the video interview stage so I only know of online application and online assessment

Anonymous Employee in Sydney
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in Aug 2015

Interview

The interview process for Summer Internships are about equivalent to the Graduate roles. The process involved an online application followed by various stages of online testing and video interviews. This culminated in a half day assessment centre, including group and individual activities and one on one interviewing. Overall, CommBank was well organised, structured and helpful at each stage. They helped you to make the best impression and whilst some stages were difficult, the great attitude displayed by the staff made it better.

Interview Questions
  • At the video interview stage the questions were personal and high level in nature. Questions such as; name something you're passionate about outside of university and work; name some key industry trends; and general questions such as your current studies.
  • At the assessment centre you can expect group activity questions such as; analysis of a fictional competitor product and what can be implemented to compete and market to the audience specified; present an idea for the bank to be involved in to improve its market competitiveness. At the same time, a one on one interview asked some general questions like times you have been innovative and creative.
Anonymous Employee in Sydney
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in Aug 2014

Interview

Online application, 2x online tests, phone interview and assessment centre. Very fast to update candidates. My advice is to make sure you show your personality during the process, as well as demonstrating your capability.

Interview Questions
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Anonymous Employee in Sydney
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in Oct 2011

Interview

The application process begins with an online form, where you answer some questions regarding your eagerness to apply & you upload the results of your academic transcript. You are asked to complete an online comprehension test, which had a time limit & consisted of a paragraph of text & 5 questions to answer regarding that text. This continues on until the time has run out. The next step is an interview process, conducted over an entire day. It involves a mathematics test, a group activity with the other applicants, and a one-on-one interview with a manager. When you have been offered a position, you are given a spreadsheet of positions that are available. These positions have a description of the role, the department & the nature of the work you'll be expected to perform. You then submit your preferences & may or may not be asked to do a phone interview with the manager of that role.

Interview Questions
  • Looking at your transcript, you failed a subject twice. Why do you think that is & how did you succeed?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews