Commonwealth Bank of Australia Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated 20 May 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Positive60%
Negative40%
Applied online80%
Employee Referral20%
HardAverageEasy
Found 5 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Australia
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Australia) in May 2020

Interview

One of the more positive interview processes I have been invited to since COVID began. Despite it being phone based, both first and second interview were incredibly warm and engaging. I felt encouraged to go above and beyond. You can understand why CBA have such positive reviews and are regarded as a great place to work.

Interview Questions
  • Mainly behavioral
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in Feb 2019

Interview

Received application progress email after submitting online application. I was asked to take online assessment before appearing for interview. I went in for face to face interview few days after and was asked to prepare 90 day plan. Interview went over by 15 mins. Never heard back from recruitment team until I chased up after a week.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney
Application

Interview

Job applied using online tool. Email updates provided by internal recruitment contact and then first round interview with two managers arranged within first few days. Second round interview following week. Interview process relatively straight forward and organised. Important to note, salary, existing leave and start dates not discussed in interviews with negotiations around these taking place with the internal recruitment contact. As a consequence some of this information seemed to not be accurately passed to the reporting line creating difficult conversations shortly after commencing in role.

Interview Questions
  • Prepare for behavioural based interview technique with specific examples of previous achievements and learnings. Questions asked by panel were pretty stock standard and seemed to be provided from HR area.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne) in Apr 2016

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne) in April 2016. 1. Online Application 3. Digital interview test 4. Personality online test 5. Interview with two branch managers. HR is very professional and courteous in updating on the progress of my application. The digital interview and the face to face interview are the two main areas that research and preparation.

Interview Questions
  • Why work for CBA? What are your future career aspirations 5 years from now? How do you handle difficult customer situations?
Anonymous Employee in Sydney
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney) in Feb 2015

Interview

Originally an employee referral. First steps were an online EQ test and Read/Write and Mathematics test. Then a 1:1 interview, followed by a presentation to a panel. Ongoing communication was consistent and open both with Talent Acquisition and with the hiring managers. Communication was via phone and email and the only delay was in the provision of the contract once the offer was accepted.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle attrition in the team and ensure the performance of the team overall was maintained whilst further training was completed to fill any skill gaps?