Context Information Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Context Information Security Interview Questions

Interviews at Context Information Security

3.2

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Context Information Security.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, the process took around 2-3 weeks with several stages.

- 1st stage telephone screening via recruiter: asking about my various skills and
       background and suitability for the advertised role.

- 2nd stage telephone interview: With member of security team asking about my background, relevant work experience, personal goals, general competency based questions surrounding cyber security.

- 3rd stage face to face interview: Similar to the 2nd stage with more competency based questions, advanced technical questions and trying to ascertain how I would approach various situations.

Very relaxed yet formal hiring process throughout. Kept well informed throughout the process.

Incident Preparedness Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Context Information Security (London, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview consisted of a telephone interview discussing background. The role and team seemed far too stretched. Even though there was job flexibility, it seemed this was very much according to how popular you were in the organisation.

The interviewer lacked any humanity and needs people skills, I can just imagine the work life had this progressed favourably. Needless to say I don't think I was that disappointed with the end result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Context Information Security (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

At first they asked to write a project plan, to refer you to the apropriate department for a phone interview. During the phone interview, they asked a few general questions about your background and why you want to work in the cyber security sector, then more technical questions about networs and cyber security vulnerabilities in general.

Interview Questions

• You've mentioned this technology (SQL injections), can you explain it to me? Then followed up with other questions to see how much knowledge I had about it.   1 Answer

Penetration Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Context Information Security (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview was split in three-part ( Phone Call, Testing a Web App, Face 2 Face/ soft skills )
    I passed the first two stages but not the third one, but honestly, I do not agree with the feedback ( I suppose that my salary expectation was too high for them).
    After that I travelled for three hours and half of, I waited for 40 minutes the interviewer (very rude), also he doesn't look interesting in the interview, he doesn't showed me the office etc (very rushed interview).
    I would like to suggest to anybody want to apply for any role in the context try to do the last step via Skype (if you live far from them) and speak about the money before to start the interview otherwise you'll lose only the time

Interview Questions

• General questions about cyber security:
      XSS
      Sql Injection
      Etc   Answer Question

Trainee Assurance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Context Information Security (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

I initially had a telephone interview in which I was asked about some of my previous experiences such as what I studied at university and general questions about skills such as giving presentations. The telephone interview also included some technical questions about attacks I was familiar with.

I was then invited to a face-to-face interview which consisted of two parts; The first was a competency based interview where I was asked questions relating to the skills required for the job. I was also asked to prepare a 1 page long report on a security topic of my choice before the interview, I then had to do a 10 minute presentation on this report. The second part to the interview was a technical interview where a consultant got me to perform some web application attacks such as SQLi and XSS. I got the sense that the interviewer was more interested in whether I was a quick learner and what my thought process was in performing the attacks rather than my technical ability as he did have to help me on some of the attacks. Overall it was a very good experience, all staff were very friendly and made you feel relaxed throughout the process.

Assurance Consultant (Penetration Tester) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Context Information Security (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Really impressed with the Context IS recruitment process and interviewers!

Mine was a two stage interview, process;

First stage was a technical hands on hacking lab which I connected to over VPN (I think they also do an on site version) if you've done HTB, OSCP or other online hacking labs you'll be familiar with the setup.
    My interviewer introduced himself, gave some background and then we got straight down to hacking.
    The general format was; asked to give an overview of a class of vulnerability then do some hands on exercises demonstrating that you are able to exploit it while describing what you are doing and why. Finished up with a "find host X on the network, scan it, describe what you see and how you would go about getting a shell on the system before proceeding to do so" type scenario.
    Really enjoyed the first stage, I felt like I did during the OSCP exam, adrenaline pumping and that dopamine hit from completing a task/getting a shell :)
    At the end I was given time to ask any questions I had which my interviewer took the time to answer in detail despite the slight barrage of questions I levied at him (sorry).
    First stage took about 1h30.

The second stage was an onsite interview with 2 of the Context IS team. I had to prepare a short report (given advanced notice to do so) on a security topic of my choosing and give a ten minute talk about it.
    I'm not the best at interviews and public speaking in general but my interviewers were really friendly which helped settle my nerves. The questions they asked felt very relevant and I felt they were trying to get an idea of how you think and approach challenges rather than if you're capable of memorising arguments to nmap. Demonstrating passion for infosec in general was also something I felt they were keen to get an insight on which I was really happy to see.
    Second stage took about an hour.

Throughout the process communication, managed by HR, was great and I was kept well informed with what to prepare and general scheduling. They also acted as point of contact and were happy to answer any questions I had about the process or in general.

Across both stages I was really impressed with the pacing and flow of the interview, the interviewers really know what they are doing and give you the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in a way that feels unpressured and fun.
    As I progressed through the recruitment process I increasingly got the feeling that Context IS the right company for me (terrible pun, sorry) which really is a credit to the recruitment team and process they have put in place.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Context Information Security (London, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process is splitted into three phases, the first phase is an general conversation about your background and your expectations, the second phase is a practical assessment of your technical skills, the third round is a face-to-face interview with competency based questions. The bad thing is not that I did not received an offer, but no one actually contacted me for any kind of feedback after going to London for the last interview from another EU country.

Interview Questions

Context Information Security Response

22 Oct 2018 – Management

Hello,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience overall, but I am sorry to hear that you did not receive any feedback from your face-to-face interview. Although we cannot provide detailed feedback to all unsuccessful candidates due to the high volume of applications that we manage, for those who have travelled to a face to face interview, this is something we would do.

It is likely that we have passed on feedback via the agency but that this has not been passed onto you directly. As you applied via a recruiter, we would appreciate if you would contact us at recruitment@contextis.com to inform us which agency you applied through. This will help us to ensure that this does not happen again in the future and allow us to give you some feedback directly.

Regards,
    Tom

Trainee Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Context Information Security (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

It was a smooth process and took less than a month from start to finish. You go through an initial CV screening, a phone interview and then eventually a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about developing trends within the cyber industry currently.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Context Information Security.

Interview

Multiple stage process with both technical and soft skill related sections. Interview process was laid back yet engaging, with the type of questions you would expect for this kind of role. Of note the communication from the hiring team was excellent - very responsive and helpful.

Trainee Assurance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Context Information Security (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

There were three stages, firstly a technical phone interview, then a remote technical interview that consisted of having to demonstrate certain skills and knowledge over Skype. Finally, the in person interview, this consisted of mostly competency based questions. For the in person interview, I had to write a short report on a current security topic and give a 5 minute brief on it.

Overall, it was very well organized and everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Explain (insert technical subject) as if you were explaining it to a non technical manager.   Answer Question
    • What could you do to improve Context Information Security?   Answer Question
    • What got me into cyber security?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.