Continental Electrical Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Continental Electrical Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Continental

2.6

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Auburn Hills, MI (US)).

Interview

Person interview onsite asked some questions situation and task result and went around the lab to see how it they work.the very interesting very good place very professional good environment .
The people are very respectful and very nice
Overall great company worldwide and they do allot of interesting thing so much to learn for engineers I recommend working for continental great company

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Continental

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Continental (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

They were very punctual. I was interviewed by 5 senior engineers of the Transmission BU. I was asked to talk about my previous experience. They asked me to justify how as to how can i use my knowledge to improve the implementation of their current project.
    They asked me basic questions that any electrical engineer would know. Gave me some basic circuit diagram and asked me to derive the transfer function and the respective output as well.

Interview Questions

• Difference between BJT and FET   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Continental (Detroit, MI (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for a on site interview after applying online. The interview experience was good. I was asked 3 test questions besides a lot of talk on my past projects and graduate degree courses. the interview was taken by the hiring manager, and last about forty five minutes. The next day i was contacted again by HR to say I got the offer.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I interviewed at Continental (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a rep from HR, as well as three engineers. The gentleman from HR was great to talk to and welcoming. The three engineers asked a few questions about my schooling and work experience.

Overall the interview was easy going, hope to hear back in the coming weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the one time that you have lost your temper at work?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Continental (Detroit, MI (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very nice manager and smart team and it seems the manager has a good ties with this team. I like the workplace as well.
    one hour ish long
    cover all the experiences you has before and what is your career plans
    Generally, I was comfortable during this interview process

Interview Questions

• The questions were into the point of the job asking about circuits calculation and It was easy to handle mostly   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Deer Park, IL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

HR contacted for an onsite interview a week after sending an application. Interview lasted for 3 hours. Questions on Analog circuits, problem solving. Easy interview if you're prepared. Questions on academic projects and previous work experience/internship.

Interview Questions

• Circuit Analysis (Analog), Problem solving.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then a follow-up interview in-person. Both interviews were technical. After the second interview, I didn't receive any further contact. It's been almost 4 months at this point! Online my applications are still in review. I tried to contact HR to ask what's going on but they directed me to the candidate portal, which is 100% empty. Very unprofessional for a well-respected company that regards itself so highly. I would at least expect a company to reject an applicant instead of ghosting him or her.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Continental (Deer Park, IL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Half an hour phone interview with HR, very basic questions regarding status in school, availability, transportation.

Approximately one hour in person interview. Mostly questions about resume and experiences in classes/labs. Very typical behavioral questions and no technical questions outside of class experiences. A lot of the time was spent describing what the team was working on and what the position would specifically be helping with.

There was an extensive drug screen after receiving the offer with both urine and hair samples.

Interview Questions

• What lab equipment are you familiar with and when did you use such equipment?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What made you want to become an electrical engineer?   Answer Question
    • What are some courses that you've taken that you think would be useful in this internship?   Answer Question
    • What software have you used in the past in the classroom or labs?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Continental (Mount Vernon, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

First, they brought us into a room with a huge round table. Then they asked all the candidates if we knew anything about the company?.... Because of this, study up on the company, thankfully I did.
    Next, they showed us around the plant and showed us how a tire was made.
    After that, we went to the engineering department into another conference room. This time they took us one by one to interview with 2 engineers.
    After the interview, they told us we will hear back from them in like a week.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Continental?
      What do you look for in a company?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about this project you have on your resume?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

They usually choose their candidates based on their interactions during the career fairs. At least this is true for the Transmission Business Unit in Deer Park, IL. They usually gauage based on interests. I heard that quite a few of interns get in by talking about their penchant for cars. I talked about my interest and experience in power electronics and that got their attention. After which, they scheduled an on site interview where I interviewed with 4 Senior Staff Engineers separately and had one interview with a person from HR. The process was very smooth and it went on without much fuss.

Interview Questions

• What was my least favourite and most favourite part of my school   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Salary based on class standing.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.