Continental Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 17 Apr 2019

2.8

Sort:

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

One telephonic interview and two on site interviews

Negotiation

NA

Associate Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Carpinteria, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through career fair and got an in person interview . Emailed with HR and engineering head back and forth for a few months, as my schedule was up in the air and I had moved away from the area. Eventually got an in person interview, based on the fact I was willing to move to Germany again, not for a specific position at the location. During the interview, they offered me a job at that location.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a tough group project?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied Online. Got an email from HR, Scheduled a Phone Screen. Given a problem and asked about the approach, what data structures to use, time and space complexity of it. Later was onsite interview. Had met with five people. It's been a month but still have not received any response.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions. In the process of making me feel comfortable, some simple questions like deadlock, livelock, OOPs concepts, critical section etc. Later were the actual programming questions like Given two lists of a type, find the objects that are in both the lists, Find magic index in a sorted array, Convert Hex value to RGB color value. And, some puzzles too.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

Had an onsite technical interview. They went over the past project experiences and the challenges faced in previous jobs. They also ask what kind of role I was looking for?

Interview Questions

• Have you used any other programming language other than C?   1 Answer

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Marys, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Saint Marys, OH (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the Contractor/Staffing Agency for the position. Submitted my information to the company, they emailed back for me to set a time and date for interview. Waited about 2 weeks before was contacted back saying i was being offered the position. During the interview, did a walk through of the areas that i would be dealing with and saw how some of the work was being done to produce test results as well as products that were to be tested.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how i would handle passing a product that failed testing within a fraction of what was passing.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Fort Mill, SC (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Continental follows the S.T.A.R. format: Situation worked in previously regarding the question asked, answer with a TASK that had to be done; what ACTIONS you took and the RESULT of what those actions were. Both interviewers were specific, to the point, and (it appeared) wanted brief, to the point and accurate answers. After 40-Q&A, brief tour of facility, break / rec area.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (reference work history)--must be a brief "commercial."   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you motivated your team.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and had a brief phone conversation. Then they got me into contact with the engineering manager. I had a phone interview with him, and then he set me up with another phone interview with who would be my mentor. I got offered the position after these phone interviews and never had to do an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with LabVIEW?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Standard behavioral based questions. In person interview with the manager at their Auburn Hills offices. Nothing out of the ordinary. They will try to get to know you first before the interview starts so they can get a good feel if your personality will match with the rest of the team

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

I was welcomed and in the office of the interviewer. Interviewer was a highly experienced professional working with Continental for 23 years. My interview consisted of technical as well as behavioural questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental in February 2017.

Interview

Drove all the way to the interview, and then got no notification of whether or not I got the position. Felt like they asked questions completely unrelated to a junior in college.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when your work inspired your peers around you.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.