Continental Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Continental Interview Questions

Interviews at Continental

2.8

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then a follow-up interview in-person. Both interviews were technical. After the second interview, I didn't receive any further contact. It's been almost 4 months at this point! Online my applications are still in review. I tried to contact HR to ask what's going on but they directed me to the candidate portal, which is 100% empty. Very unprofessional for a well-respected company that regards itself so highly. I would at least expect a company to reject an applicant instead of ghosting him or her.

Employer Branding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR team for an initial phone screening. Afterwards, we scheduled for a video call with the head of HR, and the final step was an in-person meeting with the team. The process took around a month. Each step of the interview was very helpful in terms of understanding the position, the company, and getting great insight from every member of the team. I had ample opportunity to ask questions and really get to learn more about how passionate and driven everyone was. They even gave feedback on my interview afterwards which is pretty rare.

It was the best interview process I've ever had so far.

Interview Questions

• How would you utilize social media to spread brand awareness?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

The interviews process was very professional. We had a Q & A and then talked about the job description and requirements. We discussed the projects in depth and I had the impression that they were very eager to grow as a company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years and what will you bring to the company.   Answer Question

Corporate Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Continental (Fort Mill, SC (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers, one who I would directly report to if offer was accepted. They had copies of my resume already, so that was nice. They started off by telling me the job description. Next, I was told I would be asked general as well as behavioral questions. I was very prepared for the behavioral questions, and they were very impressed with my answers. They also related to most of my answers and would go on to tell me about their experiences. I felt very at home, like I knew them already. Overall this was the best interview process I have ever had!

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a difficult time in your life/work, and how did you overcome that difficult time?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Fort Mill, SC (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I was called by HR, just asking when I could come one site. They were planning a full day of interviews and wanted to gather all candidates. No official phone interview occurred. When I got there I found out it was a group style interview with individual and group activities. It was very odd to interview along side other candidates for the same role. Someone in HR probably got a promotion over this style. Overall there were no technical questions. None about previous work just the typical HR style "describe a difficult team member type"

Overall there were a lot of red flags, the rushed interview made it seem like they just wanted a warm body, the lack of any technical questions made it appear more sales. And the HR style group interview was very off putting, everyone is trying to be the leader.

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview process was done 3 people panel. They were very cool and explained the process very well. All the questions were based on the resume. They explored my leadership qualities too.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult scenario you faced in the project?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

Panel interview with situational questions. Skimming through your resume and bunch of challenging questions with examples. Once the interview is done, they give you a tour of their facility. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time, your opinion was not considered for a particular condition. When & why was it not applied?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental in April 2018.

Interview

First was a phone interview that lasted for 20 minutes, followed by a video interview. Both the interviews were by the Head of Operations and there was no HR involvement.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pursue Supply Chain after Mechanical Engineering?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview with managers and HR- lots of STAR questions. Project assigned with less than 24 hours notice from second interview. Had poorly defined objectives and required 4-5 hours of work at night to complete.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you went above and beyond your job description to help someone. Describe this scenario and the impact.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, NE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Norfolk, NE (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Meet them at the university career fair and gave them my resume. A week later I got a call back from HR to set up a phone interview. Couple days later I had the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 - 45min during which the HR manager talked about the position and the company background, talked about my resume and experiences, after that, I had to answer a few behavioral questions. Lastly, finished up with any questions I had. A week after the phone interview, I was invited for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was 2 hours long (1 hour for panel interview and 1 hour plant tour) and it consisted of purely beahviroal questions. They had a packet of behaviral questions and I had to answer like 10 questions if i remember correctly. Be ready with good examples...I felt i did fairly well. Had the plant tour after the interview, which lasted about 1 hour. They said they would let me know of their decision within 1 week. They got back to me within 6 days with an offer. Declined the offer as i had better offers.

Interview Questions

• A lot of tell me about a time questions... basic STAR method questions.   Answer Question