Continental Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 20 May 2019

2.8

Sort:

Algorithm Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Rochester, MI (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very technical challenging questions. They expect you to know it all before and no learn on the job. They asked a lot of questions about machine learning and common sorting algorithms.

Interview Questions

• If we hire how would you contribute to the group? What is some of the ideas that will help us with designing a controller for the autonomous vehicle?   Answer Question

Salary was not what I expected

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Continental (Sumter, SC (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

About a month after applying online, I got a call for a phone interview. Following the phone interview I was invited for an on-site interview. The on-site interview included many behavior-based questions and a tour of the plant. At the end of the interview, I was told they would follow up in 2 weeks. It has been almost 2 months and I have not heard anything. I've even tried to reach out myself via phone and email and have not gotten a response. At this point I assume that means I will not be getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your educational and work background, why you're looking for a new job, etc.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

If they like your resume and get a call, you are hired. There was no interview. I received a call being asked if I was interested with the job and ok with the pay. Once I replied Yes, They asked when will I be available to work and went on from there.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in the job with the pay we offered you?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal HR representative after a former colleague had forwarded my information to the employee. PLEASE NOTE: the company was Siemens at the time, Continental has since bought them out. During initial phone conversation, I was told that Siemens had the distinct technological advantage regarding the same product that I was working on in my current job. I decided to take the interview just to see if the engineers would divulge any information regarding this technical advantage. Sure enough, they spilled the beans and I walked away with a head full of proprietary information that they probably shouldn't have told me about. It was my decision to decline any further requests for interviews, but was shocked when I got a rather healthy offer letter the following day. Wow, that was quick. I took it to my current boos and said: "I have great information about our competitor, but it;s going to cost you 'this' much..."

Interview Questions

• What is "Reynolds number" used for?   1 Answer
    • What's the most expensive thing you've ever taken apart and / or successfully put back together?   2 Answers

I didn't think Siemens had the technological advantage and were going to win the project that I would have otherwise been hired on to champion. Sure enough, they didn't and it was current company (which I stay ed) that was awarded the business.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

It was a fairly regular interview process. I had a telephonic screening and was then called for a face to face interview.
    I had 3 interviews with 3 team members and then with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly based on my previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating phase.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

Fairly technical. 4 hour interview. Know basics of semiconductor and how they behave. They asked about the senior year design project at school. They also give you few tricky circuit questions.
    Also about situational type questions.
    Be prepare to give answers on microelectronics .
    Pretty comfortable and nice company.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fletcher, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Continental (Fletcher, NC (US)).

Interview

I applied then quite some time later (a month or so) received a call to come in for an interview. The initial interview was with an engineer and a supervisor for the maintenance dept. After the first sit-down, they then took me to see one of the lead technicians on the floor to have a chat, I suppose so they could get a feel for my technical competence. The next day I received a call from the engineer to have a one-on-one with the lead technician whose shift I would be potentially working on.

Interview Questions

• The standard cliché interview questions like "where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "why did you apply for this job?", "what do you know about our company?", "what are your interests?", and questions concerning my ability to work and communicate with a team. They also asked a few quasi-technical questions about my schooling and previous work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR rep had been in fairly good contact with me via email, and sent an message saying they would like to extend an offer to me. Shortly thereafter, I received a PDF file attachment that outlined my pay and benefits.

There wasn't much in the way of negotiations, I assume because I have limited experience in the maintenance field and am at the beginning of my career.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seguin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Seguin, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a two panel interview, both in management. Sadly, both thought it was okay to text and have phone calls during my interview. After seeing that, I just went through the motions to have some fun, as I didn't care anymore. Obviously I didn't get it. :)

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions you get that are similar to grocery store interview questions.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fletcher, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Continental (Fletcher, NC (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I meet with the Human Resources Person, and the Supervisor of the Machining Dept. They both asked me questions about the job I was currently doing. They also asked me questions about my past employment, and how, if any, it has helped me with my current position.

Interview Questions

• Did I know what was one of the important procedures of my job as an machine operator.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Newport News, VA (US)).

Interview

Quick process, took less than an hour. Met with one HR Rep and one of the engineers I would be under. Asked the typical questions about my education and my knowledge about the work they were doing. If I knew any employee's etc.