Continental Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Continental Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Continental

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal HR representative after a former colleague had forwarded my information to the employee. PLEASE NOTE: the company was Siemens at the time, Continental has since bought them out. During initial phone conversation, I was told that Siemens had the distinct technological advantage regarding the same product that I was working on in my current job. I decided to take the interview just to see if the engineers would divulge any information regarding this technical advantage. Sure enough, they spilled the beans and I walked away with a head full of proprietary information that they probably shouldn't have told me about. It was my decision to decline any further requests for interviews, but was shocked when I got a rather healthy offer letter the following day. Wow, that was quick. I took it to my current boos and said: "I have great information about our competitor, but it;s going to cost you 'this' much..."

Interview Questions

• What is "Reynolds number" used for?   1 Answer
  • What's the most expensive thing you've ever taken apart and / or successfully put back together?   2 Answers

I didn't think Siemens had the technological advantage and were going to win the project that I would have otherwise been hired on to champion. Sure enough, they didn't and it was current company (which I stay ed) that was awarded the business.

Other Interview Reviews for Continental

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

It was a fairly regular interview process. I had a telephonic screening and was then called for a face to face interview.
    I had 3 interviews with 3 team members and then with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly based on my previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Bengaluru) in July 2017.

Interview

Telephonic round - technical
    2 technical rounds Face 2 Face
    1 Manager round

question were on c programming , macros, pointers, c++ programming , classes, polymorphism ,ARM Neon instructions, image processing algorithms and code optimizations.

Few questions were on the projects that i worked on.

Interview Questions

• in one of the rounds, they gave a program and asked to optimize using ARM Neon and threads.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Bengaluru) in August 2017.

Interview

I had attended a weekend recruitment drive as a lateral. The HR had first of all sent me to the incorrect department for interview. One of the two interviewer was very rude and asked horrible questions. The interview was supposed to start at 8 30 but they called me at 11AM.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what work do you do, flash procedure, UDS protocol, C basics and few programs, NVM types, CAN protocol   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Bengaluru) in August 2016.

Interview

four rounds of interview
    telephonic
    Webex(Technical)
    Face to face Technical
    HR
    Took long time to get the results. first three rounds are technical rounds.

Got results after HR round with salary negotiations. over all its is good.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental (Bengaluru) in June 2018.

Interview

1 - technical Round, 1 - HR Round, Offer letter was shared after 3 days and all my education and previous employer documents were taken for verification and offer roll out

Interview Questions

• List and explains UDS services.   1 Answer
    • What are DTCs and how DTC mechanism is implemented in AUTOSAR architecture   1 Answer
    • what is the difference between a constant pointer and and pointer to a constant? with syntax.   1 Answer
    • Difference between EXTERN and STATIC storage class?   1 Answer
    • what are bit fields and how they are used in your projects?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Taguig (Philippines)) in January 2018.

Interview

Hiring process is so slow it's almost a month already and been asked to wait. HR is not accomodating and unprofessional. Attended several interviews - HR, panel, and interview with Project Manager. Questions were mostly case to case basis and experience background. For the panel interview, they will ask you to make an app for presentation. After the interviews, HR will ask you to answer their assessment exam (take home). They already ask me for some requirements but still will not say if you're being hired or not. What a waste of time and efforts.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

It was ok, all was relevant according ro the role
    There were some general open questions more based on my personal opinion to evaluate some personal skills. The person was very technical and software oriented

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Continental (Bengaluru) in October 2015.

Interview

There were 3 rounds
    1. Technical - Embedded C, C++
    2. Managerial - Case study, analytical
    3. HR rounds - Negotiation

Questions will be very much to the basics, stong C language is recommended

Interview Questions

• Embedded C, Analytical questions, Small Case study, Presentation   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental in March 2008.

Interview

Step 1. Phone Interview
    step 2. On Site Interview: 4-5 hours
    Step 3. Yay or Nay

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.