Continental Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Continental Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Continental

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied Online. Got an email from HR, Scheduled a Phone Screen. Given a problem and asked about the approach, what data structures to use, time and space complexity of it. Later was onsite interview. Had met with five people. It's been a month but still have not received any response.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions. In the process of making me feel comfortable, some simple questions like deadlock, livelock, OOPs concepts, critical section etc. Later were the actual programming questions like Given two lists of a type, find the objects that are in both the lists, Find magic index in a sorted array, Convert Hex value to RGB color value. And, some puzzles too.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Continental

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

Had an onsite technical interview. They went over the past project experiences and the challenges faced in previous jobs. They also ask what kind of role I was looking for?

Interview Questions

• Have you used any other programming language other than C?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2014.

Interview

Contacted by HR via phone. There are two rounds of interview: (1) interview by team members (2) HR interview. Asked about your prior experience in embedded system, especially software development life cycle (V-model). Asked to draw a state diagram and realize it in C (tip: use switch statement, can google online). Asked to solve a couple of C problems (stack allocation, create linked list, size of a C structure, choice of return type (use double or long long) in function to avoid overflow etc) on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Draw a state diagram and realize it in C (tip: use switch statement). No much on algorithmic side, more on testing your knowledge in C syntax.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiable salary and benefits. Given two days to respond to job offer. Take it or leave it (actually it is slightly below market price, if you take qualifications into consideration). But what choice do we have, considering the poor economical outlook nowadays.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Timişoara (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Timişoara (Romania)) in August 2013.

Interview

1.Tehnical interview based on a test.
    2.Tehnical discussion with the Group Leader and a discussion with the Human Resources responsible.
    3.Discussion upon my previous position upon: - What went right and what went wrong(if it was the case)?
                                                      - What I liked and what I didn't like(if it was the case)?
    4.What are my expectations in this new position that I'm interviewed for?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Try to ask as much as you can related to this field.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in January 2014.

Interview

Three interviews. First one by phone with HR representative. Normal questions about the CV and general skills. Second interview with group leaders of a business unit. Deeper technical questions about the projects and jobs in which I have been in and the relation between this and the job that I will be doing, in my case was in embedded Software. Third interview with the team of one of the group leaders, with whom I had the interview before, as well as the manager of the business unit. Mainly same questions as second interview.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions really. If you are good for the job and have the knowledge, you will do just fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Meeting with HR representative with whom I had the phone interview. She talked about the project and VERY general information about the position and at the end she did the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Timişoara (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Continental (Timişoara (Romania)) in February 2009.

Interview

I applied as a student for a diploma project. After I gave the test I was called and they said that they have no diploma projects for my specialty that year, but if I wanted to come for a job interview. Then one last call to settle salary.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiated since it was my first job and I was still a student

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Continental (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in March 2010.

Interview

Continental was hiring people for a new team, so my interview was easy because my current boss has no technical experience and he performed a easy interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicerea, Iasi (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental (Chicerea, Iasi (Romania)) in July 2009.

Interview

The company's reviewer asked basic questions in electrical engineering topic.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental in March 2012.

Interview

1 hour phone interview, a lot of technical questions regarding past expierence.
    1 hour panel interview with 2 engineers - technical
    1 hour panel interview with 2 technical leads
    1 hour interview with department director

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

some simple questions about programming

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.