Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions

Interviews at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts

2.2

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Initially, staff seemed inviting. During the beginning stage of the interview, it was requested that I get one more credential, which I did the following day. I was told a decision will be made on a specific date the next two weeks, and they were eager for me to get my credential ASAP. I was interviewed by managers from the Security and the Engineering department within the two week period for that one position after being interviewed by the Director of Human Resources. Almost a month later I didn’t even get a response back. I had to call to get an update. I was given great feedback during my interviews but they never got back to me overall. For the last interview with the General manager, she forgot I was scheduled to meet with her and she seemingly rushed my meeting with her. She gave minimal eye contact and though I have lengthy club security experience as well, she seemed as if she was not comfortable with me handling guest of the hotel that drink or party too much overnight; which is why security is needed. That is where I was questioned mostly on and responded professionally. I answered as a security professional, not a bouncer. The experience became uncomfortable, after I shared that eventually I may want to become a franchise owner and want to learn about the hotel industry. Lastly, I would stay at the hotel but would never apply for a position there again.

Interview Questions

• Why come to a hotel setting after being in a home care setting for so long?   1 Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

I Filled Out An App On Tuesday And Got An Interview On Friday , I Filled Out Another app and interviewed with the banquet Manager She Told Me I Interviewed With The Right Person And That They Would Be Contacting Me With The Next Steps Next Week

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saddle Brook, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (Saddle Brook, NJ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a long wait. About an hour wait after that the interview was done in half an hour. I got hired got a background check done & started working the following week.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

It lasted only about 15 mins. He just asked me about my previous jobs and basic interview questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses? He gave me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that a customer wasn't happy and how did you correct the situation?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and got called to do an interview the next day, which made me impressed!!! Lady was really nice and on top of it. Asked lots of questions, Which is a great thing!

Restaurant Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (Syracuse, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied online, and uploaded my resume. Almost a month went by before I received a phone call from the manager of the restaurant in the hotel. We set a date for an in person interview. I showed up five minutes early, and not seeing anyone in the restaurant (which is open to the lobby) I inquired at the front desk. I was informed that the manager was running late as he had an "errand" off-premises and should return shortly. After waiting about 45 minutes, the front desk clerk, apologized and offfered me coffee, tea, or bottled water from the station in the lobby. I made myself a cup of tea. At this point a few servers had arrived in the restaurant to set up, I commented how beautiful the restaurant decor was. Finally after an hour, the manager showed up, breathlessly apologizing to me, then went on to say that he had been in court attempting to deny a previous employee's Unemployment claim. The fact he went on about how he was fighting an former employee in court, and worse yet seemed happy about it, seemed highly unprofessional at an employment interview. Unfortunately it got even more unprofessional. He then tells me, he has to reschedule the interview because he "got stuck" at the last minute to do a wine tasting event, and had to go open "100" bottles of wine. I (only somewhat) jokingly replied, "If you need some help, I'm available." He rudely replied how he needed a professional. Considering I AM a professional, with much experience, as he would realize after reading my resume, I was highly offended, but just smiled. He then offered me breakfast, which was odd, considering by now it was 11:30AM. I politely declined, and he told me he had to run, but would call me later that afternoon to reschedule. He never did, and I wouldn't have rescheduled after his unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions

• If I wanted breakfast at 11:30AM, after the manager was not only a full hour late to the interview, he wanted to reschedule.   1 Answer

Unprofessionalism from the manager.

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (Wyomissing, PA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Poorly managed in the common lobby of the hotel, the interviewer made eye and verbal contact with others walking through the hotel while attempting to have a dialogue with me. The department director told me of his and his wife's duties in the hotel. The interviewer told me what the hotel offered employees but did not ask me what I could bring to the establishment.

Interview Questions

• Could I work a rotating schedule and weekends.   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (Denver, CO (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Front Office manager and HR assistant separately. I was offered a position the same day pending a lower salary offer than I was desiring. I took a day to think on it then accepted after reviewing my options.They asked very typical questions and didn't dig very deeply into some work history gaps.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you have gone above and beyond your required duties to exceed expectations.   Answer Question

Reservations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts (Hollywood, FL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from HR in a reasonably short amount of time. At the end of the telephone call HR person asked when would be a good time for a face 2 face interview. Did face 2 face interview very well. Was interviewed by Director of Revenue Management, then I was interviewed by General Manager and then I was interviewed by Director of Rooms Division, and then I was interviewed by Director of Sales and Marketing. I was interviewed by HR as well. (Interview took about 2.5 hours in total) Next day I was called and offered the position, I was told to wait until Monday for the offer letter. On Monday, I was sent an email saying that they were going to go in "another direction".

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts in February 2016.

Interview

talked with manager, basic interview questions, work history, what would you do if a guest does this, how would you handle this, can you do this, do you have transportation, are you ever late or miss days of work. pretty easy stuff

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.