DENSO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 1 Apr 2019

2.6

Sort:

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DENSO.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy and comfortable. The questions were precise and to the point. The HR person was friendly and was joined by two more employees for job-related questions. I like that it wasn't the HR person deciding on the qualification to the job, but the actual people that you would work with.

Maintenance Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DENSO (Battle Creek, MI (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone screening, Star interview process and situational questioning. Panel of managers and AR to rate Individuals responses. Skill testing and computer based skill testing. Normal application process. Need resume and journeyman card or minimum of 5 years experience to apply to a skilled tradesman position.

Interview Questions

• What interested me in Denso and what was I looking for?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DENSO (Battle Creek, MI (US)).

Interview

It was a Group panel interview, very laid back. Some situational questions but most of it was direct questions about my resume and previous experience. Mostly Production supervisors, Intern, HR Generalist and Assistant Manager that attended. Very friendly but make sure you answer the questions clearly and define every answer. They will dig deep for appropriate answers. Was offered the job three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If you could name one leader in history who would made a big difference who would you say?   1 Answer
    • If you found a employee was operating the process incorrectly the whole time you've been supervising what would you do?   1 Answer

Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at DENSO (Maryville, TN (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

First off, if you're goal is to work at Denso, don't expect to start immediately. Or the next week. Or the next three weeks. Or even the following month. The hiring process is long, drawn out, and they are vague on dates and you end up waiting on phone calls you may or may not get.

I think this is why everyone at Denso works 60 hour weeks...

First, after about a week, I got an email saying they wanted to move forward, and I needed to schedule a time to take the PSR test. It's the a production skills test that basically just proves you have a pulse and you know what holes to put the shaped blocks through. They sell books to prepare you for the test if you are nervous about it, I invested about $20 at the book store getting mine. In hindsight, I would have done just fine without it. But I'm mechanically minded and that's just me. I still have my book if anyone needs it. lol

When I took the test, they just asked for my name. They didn't ID me at any point or anything. I sat in a room of about 20 other people taking the test. They are conducted on the computer. After you finish, you get a message telling if you've passed or not. Then you go up to the desk, and tell them if you passed. BIG NOTE HERE - If you fail, and you tell them you passed, they don't seem to have a way to know if you've lied. Just something I noticed.

About a week after that.. I had a short phone interview about a week after passing the test. They gave me a date to do a second interview. The second interview was at the HR office attached to plant 101. It was really basic. They basically just verify everything you have on your resume, and ask a little about why you left your last jobs, etc.

They don't tell you anything after your first interview. You have to wait for a mystery email that eventually comes in that tells you your status. The best status you can get is one that says you're in the hiring pool. It then tells you that it could be up to 5 months or so before you hear anything back..... Not good if you're actively perusing Denso, after having your first interview during your 2 week notice at your previous job, like myself.

Luckily, I got contacted again for another interview about 3 weeks later. The hiring process has been over a month for me at this point. They scheduled the interview about 1.5 weeks down the road. This is what ended up being the final interview. The interview was in front of a board of 5-6 plant managers. They basically ask you questions about your past jobs and hobbies, and they send you to sit down while the talk about you and what they think, then they come to you with the job offer or rejection.

I ended up getting the job I wanted in the plant I wanted. At this point, I'm waiting........ again...... This time they sent off for the background check, which I feel like they could have done in the last 6 weeks at some point, but hey. They said IF the background check comes back soon, I'll be starting orientation in almost... take a wild guess.... 3 weeks from now. If it doesn't, I'll start at some undisclosed date, that could be much more down the road than I'd like. Still haven't been asked to do my drug test yet.

Denso seems to have trouble hiring people because nobody that has a good work ethic would stay would of work long enough for Denso to hire them, honestly.. Good workers will probably find a good paying job before Denso finishes the hiring process, which sadly does not pay the bills.

Good overall experience with smart people, but they have WAY WAY WAY WAY over-complicated the hiring process. I have friends that have applied and found other positions elsewhere because of the wait.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DENSO (Battle Creek, MI (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I was asked several questions about what I hope to gain from the internship, what Denso could do for me to meet my goals, etc.

The woman was very nice and respectful and never cut me off and asked follow-up questions to my responses. I felt like she was actually listening and not just going through a list of questions.

Interview Questions

• What would your ideal workplace look like?   Answer Question
    • How can an internship at Denso help you meet your goals?   Answer Question
    • What would you like to accomplish/skills to gain at an internship at Denso?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DENSO (Southfield, MI (US)).

Interview

The manager will ask questions related to your courses or prior experience. Make sure to review your engineering related courses to answer questions related to them. Bring your resume and at the beginning they ask you to run through your resume so have building points that you can see a sentence and elaborate on what is says. As you are going through your resume, the manager and the other engineer are taking notes as you speak with the copies of your resume

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used a multimeter   1 Answer

Production Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DENSO (Maryville, TN (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

One phone call the day I applied for the job. An interview was scheduled ASAP. I went to the interview the following day and have not heard back from them since and they have not responded to any emails.

Interview Questions

• What would your last supervisor say your weaknesses are?   1 Answer

Corporate Function Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DENSO.

Interview

Phone interview and two interviews

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DENSO (Raleigh, NC (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I got an interview with Denso after speaking briefly with the Co-op hiring manager at the NCSU career fair. The interview was held in Vaughn towers in the NCSU football stadium. Denso was not the only company conducting interviews in this location, so I was interviewing alongside several other students interviewing at various companies.

The gentleman I interviewed with was very professional and polite, and not necessarily exciting, but definitely enjoyable to talk with. I got the vibe that he took his role of recruiting very seriously and he seemed genuinely interested in both the professional and personal character development of the applicants, and his questions and our discussion reflected this.

Some of the questions were somewhat harder than expected, but learning how to give a genuine and adequate answer to a question you were not prepared for is a really useful skill to develop, especially for interviews. There were more questions than I expected, and to be honest, probably more than necessary. However, they were all thoughtful questions, even if a few were somewhat vague.

I received an offer from Denso via email on September 29th. Apparently, there was some administrative error in sending me an offer because I received the offer only after emailing the hiring manager to inquire about the status of my application. The "deadline" on the offer for when to accept was listed as the 29th of September, the day I received it, leading me to believe the offer was meant to be sent sooner than the 29th. I had basically no time to consider the offer, but I responded via email to accept.

Soon after accepting the offer, I confirmed with the hiring manager that I would tour the Maryville, TN location on September 17th to get a good idea of what to expect while working there. Denso provided excellent accommodations for my visit, providing me with a plane ticket both ways, a hotel, and a rental car. During the tour, I found out that the purpose of the tour was for me and the other co-op hires to confirm we want to work at the company before finally accepting the offer. After seeing the type of work that Denso would have me doing, I decided to decline the offer, having received an offer from Altec as well.

I decided to accept the Altec co-op position over the Denso one because working at Altec provides the opportunity to work in both manufacturing and design, while Denso would be more focused on manufacturing only. Though manufacturing doesn't sound bad, I wanted the chance to try out both major areas of the engineering production cycle, so my decision was fairly easy. (Denso has some design positions, but none were open at the time I applied. Had this not been the case, my decision may have been different.)

I have no major complaints about Denso. They seem like a great company with very nice, genuine, and hardworking people, but I do wish there had been more effective communication regarding my offer and whether it was final with my acceptance of the email offer sooner. Though the gentleman I interviewed with closed the interview with "you have a lot of potential, let's arrange a factory tour and go from there", which more accurately communicated the non-finality of the offer, receiving the offer letter from the hiring manager via email gave me the impression that I was required to commit fully without having seen the factory. Had I known sooner that I was not irrevocably committed to the company yet, I would have applied at several other locations in addition to Denso and Altec.

NCSU has a policy for co-op application that you cannot apply for another position with another company after accepting a job with a particular employer. For this reason, I was not able to apply anywhere else after confirming the offer letter from Denso until after the factory tour on the 17th, where I was informed of the ability to still decline the offer. Because of this my application to Altec was fit in last minute after I finished touring Denso.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to make an unpopular decision?   1 Answer

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DENSO (Southfield, MI (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by Denso in Southfield, MI. I was a junior studying Electrical Engineering. They didn't do any behavior questions(like describe a situation...). They just gave questions about C++. If your in Electrical Engineering make sure you put C++ in your resume. You don't really need to know every bit and piece of C++.

Interview Questions

• The Difference Between while and a DO While loop.   2 Answers
    • Difference Between Class and Struct.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.