DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DNEG Interview Questions

Interviews at DNEG

2.3

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was with 2 leads and head of HR from Vancouver Anita. It was easy going . They gave me an offer the day of the interview. Make sure to negotiate with them because their initial offer is complete garbage. Please don't accept any offer under 17-18$. As this will effectively hurt any new artist applying by keeping the salary for these jobs low wage. Especially for the stereo/ stereo compositing department.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Fusion?   1 Answer
    • Exeprience with stereo conversionand what you knowledge of stereo conversion is?   1 Answer

ATD Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

Phone screening, first interview, coding test, second interview, offer

I first got an email and scheduled a phone interview. Then I got a link to a online coding test. After that I had face-to-face interview with a hr manager and supervisor. The final interview was made with two supervisors with focus on technical questions. After few days hr manager called and told me that I got the offer.

Animator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

Informal chat with the anim supes and an artist manager. We discussed the projects currently in production and what working on them would entail. The whole process took around a half hour and felt more like a chat with friends than a job interview.

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall specific questions as, often times these "interviews" are treated more as a conversation to get a feel for your personality/history as an artist. Things that usually get touched on are what your artistic background is, what you'd like to get out of a specific project (if anything) and whether or not you'd be interested in what they're working on at the time of the interview.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

HR discussion, followed by Codility coding test and on site interview.

Enjoyed the interview on site - very nice discussion.

Unfortunately was ghosted without a follow up of any kind - which is unprofessional.

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

I arrive at the reception, waited 30 minutes to see the recruiter and a guy came and told me that the recruiter left and is unreachable, so I have to reschedule. Left work early for nothing. This is a huge lack of respect, reflecting how they treat their employees

Interview Questions

• who booked your appointment?   1 Answer

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview was rescheduled.
    When I arrived the room was already had people in it. We eventually went in and I was interviewed by two people. It seemed to go well, I answered all the questions and asked some of them. I don't remember many of the questions asked. Then I left.
    I was told I interviewed well but I didn't get the a position as they had filled up but my cv will be kept on hand for any future vacancies in the same position.
    I emailed a month or so later to receive more of the same.
    I don't mind not being suitable for a job but I wish employers would not beat around the bush and just tell me I'm not right for the position and why.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an idea of where you would like to go in visual effects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Mid to senior level comp needed in a month.

Minimum of 2 years VFX industry experience as a compositor. Experience using Nuke. A knowledge and interest in photography and practical lighting

Interview Questions

• Are you available in 2 weeks?   1 Answer

Pipeline TD Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

Rencontre avec sup, 2 pipe td et un atd
    L equipe etait tres sympathique.
    Ils ont parlé de DNEG les 30 premieres minutes et ensuite ils m’ont posé des questions, rien de trop technique.
    Ils m’ont dit qu’ils allaient m envoyer un test en python par mail

Software Developer and Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks since I was ever contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter for the first time. Beside the long waiting time, I feel they kinda wasted my time. They asked for X technology experience and they knew I didn’t have it... every time we talked we always noted that I didn’t have that experience under my belt. They ended up telling me they decided to move with a more experienced candidate. I mean, that’s fair game, but I wish they didn’t take 6 weeks to tell me something I had warned them about.
    I had one technical challenge (which I did well), one technical interview and one cultural fit interview.

Build Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2018.

Interview

They called me since I was in South Korea , it was 3 times of call I guess and each call had a term like few weeks. It took around 15-30mins for interviewing.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.