DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at DNEG

2.3

Character Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Overall easy and friendly interview. They said they are very interested and will be in contact as soon as the position is open. However later they told me they want someone with experience.

Lighting TD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (Mumbai) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied and got a call within a week. So fast and quick. Got a telephonic section with CG Sup for Lighting TD post. Cg sup was calm and very friendly.

Lighting Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (Mumbai).

Interview

The interview(Mumbai branch) lasted mere 2 minutes, it appears it was only a formality and the interviewer had already decided not to hire me, maybe because of his insecurity or reasons beyond my understanding.

Interview Questions

• only one question was asked DO you know Image-based Lighting?   1 Answer

FX Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

The date of the interview was appointed by e-mail

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   2 Answers
    • Tell us more about your experience, last projects, and career.   1 Answer

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

3 interviews in total over several months
    First 2 with the same recruiter who asked me the same questions
    Then final interview with the office manager
    I did not get the job because they said I was overqualified

Interview Questions

• What did you study
      Tell us something about yourself
      Why you wanna join Dneg
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initially phoned by recruitment and screened for suitability. Interview with Head of Production and a different Recruiter. Open and straight forward questions. Outlined current opportunities and potential for growth. Was told they would follow up with a call regardless of success. They returned call within days with an offer.

Pipeline Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Technical Test and then two interviews, one with Pipeline Supervisors and another with Head of Pipeline and Head of Technology. Questions were based on experience and test, mostly about past experience and things written in the resume and questions about future plans.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on resume and the performance in the technical test.   1 Answer

Compositor Interview

Application

Interview

Mid to senior level comp needed in a month.

Minimum of 2 years VFX industry experience as a compositor. Experience using Nuke. A knowledge and interest in photography and practical lighting

Interview Questions

• Are you available in 2 weeks?   1 Answer

Tech Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Got an email to arrange a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes, and was asked to describe myself and what softwares I know. They then explained the role and the type of people they hired typically people wanting to go into the Tech Support side.

Only issue was for a week after the interview I was getting a call from the number at 7 am every day. Only two rings so I missed it every time and was not able to call back on the same number.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

The hiring process was one of the best I've come across. I applied online and I was contacted 2 months later. They communicated with me very well throughout the process and never left me in the dark about what was going on ( I wish more studios did this).

I was interviewed on Skype by a supervisor and the recruiter. Mostly talked about my previous experience and their projects and the role.