DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 11 Mar 2019

2.3

Sort:

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initially phoned by recruitment and screened for suitability. Interview with Head of Production and a different Recruiter. Open and straight forward questions. Outlined current opportunities and potential for growth. Was told they would follow up with a call regardless of success. They returned call within days with an offer.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a sit down interview with a number of questions and a discussion of showreel material and experience. There was then a brief tour of the editorial department.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

3 interviews in total over several months
    First 2 with the same recruiter who asked me the same questions
    Then final interview with the office manager
    I did not get the job because they said I was overqualified

Interview Questions

• What did you study
      Tell us something about yourself
      Why you wanna join Dneg
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years   Answer Question

Runner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG in August 2011.

Interview

I sent off a cover letter, showreel and showreel breakdown on a speculative application. I got a reply within a week or so and went for an interview. It was very relaxed and just felt like a chat more than a typical interview. A couple of emails and a phone call later and I had got the job / had a starting date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy to negotiate my start date to start a few weeks later as I had existing work commitments.

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Kolkata) in December 2012.

Interview

Conference call via skype. Questions asked about back ground, work history, previous experience with other similar companies. Spoke directly with manager and HR recruiter. Brief touch on stereoscopic experience and previous projects.

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Unfortunately, Double Negative didn't receive my portfolio well. Aside from being over-qualified for their listed position with a wide range of mediums and styles of professional grade samples, they told me that my schooling and work experience lacked, and politely rejected me.

Lighting TD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (Mumbai) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied and got a call within a week. So fast and quick. Got a telephonic section with CG Sup for Lighting TD post. Cg sup was calm and very friendly.

Lighting Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (Mumbai).

Interview

The interview(Mumbai branch) lasted mere 2 minutes, it appears it was only a formality and the interviewer had already decided not to hire me, maybe because of his insecurity or reasons beyond my understanding.

Interview Questions

• only one question was asked DO you know Image-based Lighting?   1 Answer

FX TD Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

A telephone call, very informal, where I talked about the projects. They were more explaining about the projects than asking about my background or skills. At the end they asked me if I had any other offer and short after they email me with theirs.

FX Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Three days later I got the mail for a phone interview. Setting up the interview date and time was quite straight forward. The call itself was very easy going and overall a great talk. There were two people. One of them did the main talking and the other was part of the department mostly listening. We discussed my reel and experience. Then they told me a bit about the current and upcoming projects and a bit about the general structure of the company. Overall I had a good feeling and it seemed they liked my reel and the experience/knowledge I have. I was told to hear from them after a week but nothing happened. I got another job but was curious, so after two months I asked if there were any updates and was told that they would look into it. Didn't have anyone get back to me since then.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project/shot you worked on and why?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer creating setups or rather shot based?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with VEX?   1 Answer
    • When could you start and what is your expected salary?   Answer Question