DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 11 Mar 2019

2.3

Sort:

Character Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Overall easy and friendly interview. They said they are very interested and will be in contact as soon as the position is open. However later they told me they want someone with experience.

CG Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Moscow (Russia)) in November 2015.

Interview

I`ve got in touch via email at fisrt. Then we`ve booked a phone interview in a week. There typical questions about experience: where i worked and what projects i like. Also HRs described me the projects i`am going to work at and the tools they use

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging shot in my reel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

First acquaintance

Pipeline Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Technical Test and then two interviews, one with Pipeline Supervisors and another with Head of Pipeline and Head of Technology. Questions were based on experience and test, mostly about past experience and things written in the resume and questions about future plans.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on resume and the performance in the technical test.   1 Answer

Roto Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

They sat with me in a small room with a laptop or ipad, and went through my reel shot by shot. Made comments on how to improve it. f

Interview Questions

• They asked what particular techniques I used for my compositing shot, keying approach and color correction methodology. Also what I'd expect.   Answer Question

R&D Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Laid back. Everyone was really easy to talk to. There were no hugely technical, or hard to answer, questions and I didn't have to do programming test - although I think this may have changed. Ugh!

Interview Questions

• Given our description of the teams, where do you think you would best fit?   1 Answer

Matchmove Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

they call me for an interview, it went well, they ask me my experience and where i worked before, the guy was friendly and nice, he let me know if i was hired after a week. an important aspect ( he told me) was how i would approach with other people, my attitude, they like to create teams that work well together.

Matchmove Artist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNEG in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was with a matchmove supervisor and recruiter. It was an informal interview where my showreel was reviewed and discussed, and information about the company was relayed to me. Role responsibilities were elaborated on and the interviewers were open to answer questions pertaining to the position or company. Processing would take a few weeks.

Compositing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Chat on the phone, and communicate via email, before settling a date and time for a interview. It's very easy, more like a chat. Showreel on screen, explained what you did, a friendly chat, and that's it. A week later, contract signed. This is actually the easiest interview I ever had.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions. Only asked why you left the last company.   1 Answer

Paint Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was recommended in by internal staffs. All the profiling has been stored inside their server, when there's available positions they will call you up. After they call you up, you will be arranged with their supervisors or whichever department representative. You will be notified after a week, via email. They are very responsive in their replies, but sometimes maybe some miscommunication between people.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me more about yourself, and what have you learn during your school period.   Answer Question
    • Q: What made you choose to enter this industry?   Answer Question

Rotoscope Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

A brief chat about my interest in visual effects. The ask questions about my background and went through the showreel I had provided. It was more about assessing my communication skills than my experience in roto

Interview Questions

• What my favourite film was.   1 Answer