DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DNEG Interview Questions

Interviews at DNEG

2.3

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was with 2 leads and head of HR from Vancouver Anita. It was easy going . They gave me an offer the day of the interview. Make sure to negotiate with them because their initial offer is complete garbage. Please don't accept any offer under 17-18$. As this will effectively hurt any new artist applying by keeping the salary for these jobs low wage. Especially for the stereo/ stereo compositing department.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Fusion?   1 Answer
    • Exeprience with stereo conversionand what you knowledge of stereo conversion is?   1 Answer

Systems Technician Interview

Interview

Took to weeks to get in touch, organised a skype interview. Had a talk to a few department leads and recruiter. A bit of discussion about relocation. After that, I never heard from them again.

Compositing Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a very brief phone interview that lasted around 20 minutes. It was mostly about my showreel and a scenario question. It was a friendly interview and very casual speaking with a senior at the company who had a lot of experience.

Interview Questions

• What's your favourite shot on your reel?   Answer Question
    • How could you make that shot better?   Answer Question
    • If you were to comp an alien into a supermarket, what would be the steps you would take to make it look realistic?   Answer Question

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview was rescheduled.
    When I arrived the room was already had people in it. We eventually went in and I was interviewed by two people. It seemed to go well, I answered all the questions and asked some of them. I don't remember many of the questions asked. Then I left.
    I was told I interviewed well but I didn't get the a position as they had filled up but my cv will be kept on hand for any future vacancies in the same position.
    I emailed a month or so later to receive more of the same.
    I don't mind not being suitable for a job but I wish employers would not beat around the bush and just tell me I'm not right for the position and why.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an idea of where you would like to go in visual effects?   Answer Question

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I saw an offer in Linkedin that they was looking for creature/ character artist and I apply.
    I have an Email for a first interview with Recruiter after apply online for the role.
    The interview was easy, about who am I , what I'm looking for, the projects that they have and in few days second interview with head of department and HR, more or less the same questions, the guy was nice and the questions easy. Offer in few days.

They contacting me with a offer a bit low that I was asking for but I accept it.

Interview Questions

• experience and most challenging project   1 Answer

Matchmover Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DNEG (Chennai) in April 2017.

Interview

i have apply for Body Tracking in this company so they given technical test i did properly.
    After that i attended 1 to 1 interview with department HOD. finally he asked technical questions about my department.

Interview Questions

• i need to pass out work test and they will ask department questing which i apply for the company .   1 Answer

FX Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Three days later I got the mail for a phone interview. Setting up the interview date and time was quite straight forward. The call itself was very easy going and overall a great talk. There were two people. One of them did the main talking and the other was part of the department mostly listening. We discussed my reel and experience. Then they told me a bit about the current and upcoming projects and a bit about the general structure of the company. Overall I had a good feeling and it seemed they liked my reel and the experience/knowledge I have. I was told to hear from them after a week but nothing happened. I got another job but was curious, so after two months I asked if there were any updates and was told that they would look into it. Didn't have anyone get back to me since then.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project/shot you worked on and why?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer creating setups or rather shot based?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with VEX?   1 Answer
    • When could you start and what is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Roto Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

They sat with me in a small room with a laptop or ipad, and went through my reel shot by shot. Made comments on how to improve it. f

Interview Questions

• They asked what particular techniques I used for my compositing shot, keying approach and color correction methodology. Also what I'd expect.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a sit down interview with a number of questions and a discussion of showreel material and experience. There was then a brief tour of the editorial department.

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Unfortunately, Double Negative didn't receive my portfolio well. Aside from being over-qualified for their listed position with a wide range of mediums and styles of professional grade samples, they told me that my schooling and work experience lacked, and politely rejected me.