DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DNEG Interview Questions

Interviews at DNEG

2.3

Pipeline Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Technical Test and then two interviews, one with Pipeline Supervisors and another with Head of Pipeline and Head of Technology. Questions were based on experience and test, mostly about past experience and things written in the resume and questions about future plans.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on resume and the performance in the technical test.   1 Answer

Internal Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Three steps: hr interview, development test (practical knowledge, not a theory), interview with a manager and dev lead. The interview was held remotely, so was not as stressful. There was enough time for a test completion. Communication process was very well organised.

Interview Questions

• Were you working in tough deadlines? How did you cope with them?   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initially phoned by recruitment and screened for suitability. Interview with Head of Production and a different Recruiter. Open and straight forward questions. Outlined current opportunities and potential for growth. Was told they would follow up with a call regardless of success. They returned call within days with an offer.

Tech Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Got an email to arrange a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes, and was asked to describe myself and what softwares I know. They then explained the role and the type of people they hired typically people wanting to go into the Tech Support side.

Only issue was for a week after the interview I was getting a call from the number at 7 am every day. Only two rings so I missed it every time and was not able to call back on the same number.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

The hiring process was one of the best I've come across. I applied online and I was contacted 2 months later. They communicated with me very well throughout the process and never left me in the dark about what was going on ( I wish more studios did this).

I was interviewed on Skype by a supervisor and the recruiter. Mostly talked about my previous experience and their projects and the role.

Character TD Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online for position in Vancouver BC, was contacted about 2 weeks later for an interview. The interview was on Skype and very straightforward. They looked at my reel with me and asked questions about my experience and interests. I was rejected about a month later, they wanted someone with more experience than me.

Junior Character TD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyon (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Lyon (France)) in June 2016.

Interview

Quelques mails, puis entretiens par Skype avec une RH et un lead.

Même interlocuteur tout au long du processus.

Un peu de retard (15minutes).

Très pro, questions pertinentes sur le profile du candidat.

20-30min

Systems Technician Interview

Interview

Took to weeks to get in touch, organised a skype interview. Had a talk to a few department leads and recruiter. A bit of discussion about relocation. After that, I never heard from them again.

Compositing Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a very brief phone interview that lasted around 20 minutes. It was mostly about my showreel and a scenario question. It was a friendly interview and very casual speaking with a senior at the company who had a lot of experience.

Interview Questions

• What's your favourite shot on your reel?   Answer Question
    • How could you make that shot better?   Answer Question
    • If you were to comp an alien into a supermarket, what would be the steps you would take to make it look realistic?   Answer Question

R&D Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DNEG in June 2017.

Interview

Reached out to the recruiter directly and heard back from them 4 weeks later. They first set up a basic screen. I must have passed the screen because they told me they'd send through a technical test shortly. However I would not recieve it for another 3 weeks. I took the technical test within the week, but ( due to various schedualing conflicts on their side ) I didn't get an interview with my potential supervisor for another week. I thought that went well and was not asked any technical questions, but they would turn me down a week and a half later because I somehow "lacked technical depth". I taught PhD students at Stanford. So, yes, you can easily figure out who this is. So I conclude they just didn't like that I didn't tell them what they wanted in my interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you working on right now? ... Wait ... You're moving on?   1 Answer