DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 11 Mar 2019

2.3

Sort:

Rotoscope Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNEG (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was mainly asked to talk about my showreel and elaborate on the challenges involved. The interview was with the head of HR and head of 2D, and was quite a relaxed, informal interview where information about the company was shared with me.

Information was noted down and they mentioned they will contact me in the future.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your free time?   1 Answer
    • When can you start work?   Answer Question
    • Do you like watching movies?   1 Answer
    • Talk to us about your showreel, like what are the challenges involved etc.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Double Negative as a company?   1 Answer

Rotoscope Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter and supervisor come along in the interview which doesn make sense and recruiter asked some art questions which was bit awkward.
    Supervisor was nice and good thing that they dont pull up the demoreel and talk about it.

Interview Questions

• Experience with last employer, what did i do, what was the environment and all. All general quesion.   1 Answer

Junior R&D Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

There were two discreet face to face interviews at their Soho offices in London. The first lasted around 30 minutes, in which three senior members of the programming division asked about my programming background (typical for programming jobs), scripting experience, and experiences in both creating one's own software and modifying existing libraries.
    The second interview lasts around an hour, covers the same kind of questions, but includes a tour of the R&D department. I was given the opportunity to ask questions of current staff members on the projects they were working on and how those projects tend to progress.

Interview Questions

• (Rather generic) Tell us of your history with programming   1 Answer

Software Developer and Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks since I was ever contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter for the first time. Beside the long waiting time, I feel they kinda wasted my time. They asked for X technology experience and they knew I didn’t have it... every time we talked we always noted that I didn’t have that experience under my belt. They ended up telling me they decided to move with a more experienced candidate. I mean, that’s fair game, but I wish they didn’t take 6 weeks to tell me something I had warned them about.
    I had one technical challenge (which I did well), one technical interview and one cultural fit interview.

Tech Runner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

pretty simple, just trying to get to know me and how I tick. Interview only lasted about 30 minutes. Pretty relaxed interview, nothing to stressful. It seems that the showreel and the CV did most of the work before I got there and they just wanted to find out how well I would fit into the team and what my plans for the future were.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience to date working in the film industry   Answer Question

better position offered else where

Tech Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Had clearly already made their mind up that I had the job before I got there. They wanted my life story (literally) and said that they liked me right there and then. They asked when I could start if successful towards the end which pretty much told me I had the job. Not TOO interested in what sort of an artist I would become.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what you want to go on to doing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Got an email to arrange a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes, and was asked to describe myself and what softwares I know. They then explained the role and the type of people they hired typically people wanting to go into the Tech Support side.

Only issue was for a week after the interview I was getting a call from the number at 7 am every day. Only two rings so I missed it every time and was not able to call back on the same number.

Graduate Trainee Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Approximately 30 Graduates were invited to London for an assessment day. In the morning everybody had to present his showreel with short Q&A (each 10 minutes). After lunch (provided by DNeg) there was a round of speedinterviews in the afternoon. There were 6 interviewers and everyone asked questions for four minutes. Then you had to continue with the next interviewer.

RND Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Thorough, standard interview process. Consisted of 3 interviews with more and more degrees of specific questioning. All very professional and friendly. This was a long time ago, and I can't really pad this out to an extra 50 words.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really, was offered an amount, and took it.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

The hiring process was one of the best I've come across. I applied online and I was contacted 2 months later. They communicated with me very well throughout the process and never left me in the dark about what was going on ( I wish more studios did this).

I was interviewed on Skype by a supervisor and the recruiter. Mostly talked about my previous experience and their projects and the role.