DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DNEG Interview Questions

Interviews at DNEG

2.3

FX Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Three days later I got the mail for a phone interview. Setting up the interview date and time was quite straight forward. The call itself was very easy going and overall a great talk. There were two people. One of them did the main talking and the other was part of the department mostly listening. We discussed my reel and experience. Then they told me a bit about the current and upcoming projects and a bit about the general structure of the company. Overall I had a good feeling and it seemed they liked my reel and the experience/knowledge I have. I was told to hear from them after a week but nothing happened. I got another job but was curious, so after two months I asked if there were any updates and was told that they would look into it. Didn't have anyone get back to me since then.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project/shot you worked on and why?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer creating setups or rather shot based?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with VEX?   1 Answer
    • When could you start and what is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Paint Artist (Stereo Conversion) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DNEG (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

Questions was asked swiftly and with respecting the Artist's work in mind in relation to the applied position. The interviewer was very clear in asking questions and answering questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DNEG (Mumbai) in July 2015.

Interview

one on one interview consisting of a conversation between a job applicant and a representative.
    one day or two day test will be conducted, to prove your skills on the job your are applying for.
    do the test well.

Interview Questions

• General Questions about the role.   1 Answer

Junior FX TD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arles, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DNEG (Arles, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)) in September 2015.

Interview

L'entretien a commencé par une description des projets sur lesquels la boîtes travaillaient à l'époque, puis des équipes et des différents logiciels utilisés par l'entreprise, le reste était un entretien classique, les drh étaient très sympathiques, l'entretien s'est déroulé en anglais et à duré 30-45 min.

Roto Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

They sat with me in a small room with a laptop or ipad, and went through my reel shot by shot. Made comments on how to improve it. f

Interview Questions

• They asked what particular techniques I used for my compositing shot, keying approach and color correction methodology. Also what I'd expect.   Answer Question

Rotoscope Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter and supervisor come along in the interview which doesn make sense and recruiter asked some art questions which was bit awkward.
    Supervisor was nice and good thing that they dont pull up the demoreel and talk about it.

Interview Questions

• Experience with last employer, what did i do, what was the environment and all. All general quesion.   1 Answer

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Unfortunately, Double Negative didn't receive my portfolio well. Aside from being over-qualified for their listed position with a wide range of mediums and styles of professional grade samples, they told me that my schooling and work experience lacked, and politely rejected me.

Graduate Trainee Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Approximately 30 Graduates were invited to London for an assessment day. In the morning everybody had to present his showreel with short Q&A (each 10 minutes). After lunch (provided by DNeg) there was a round of speedinterviews in the afternoon. There were 6 interviewers and everyone asked questions for four minutes. Then you had to continue with the next interviewer.

CG Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Moscow (Russia)) in November 2015.

Interview

I`ve got in touch via email at fisrt. Then we`ve booked a phone interview in a week. There typical questions about experience: where i worked and what projects i like. Also HRs described me the projects i`am going to work at and the tools they use

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging shot in my reel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

First acquaintance

Paint Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was recommended in by internal staffs. All the profiling has been stored inside their server, when there's available positions they will call you up. After they call you up, you will be arranged with their supervisors or whichever department representative. You will be notified after a week, via email. They are very responsive in their replies, but sometimes maybe some miscommunication between people.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me more about yourself, and what have you learn during your school period.   Answer Question
    • Q: What made you choose to enter this industry?   Answer Question