DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DNEG Interview Questions

Updated 11 Mar 2019

2.3

Sort:

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DNEG (Mumbai) in July 2015.

Interview

one on one interview consisting of a conversation between a job applicant and a representative.
    one day or two day test will be conducted, to prove your skills on the job your are applying for.
    do the test well.

Interview Questions

• General Questions about the role.   1 Answer

Paint Artist (Stereo Conversion) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DNEG (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

Questions was asked swiftly and with respecting the Artist's work in mind in relation to the applied position. The interviewer was very clear in asking questions and answering questions.

Compositing Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a very brief phone interview that lasted around 20 minutes. It was mostly about my showreel and a scenario question. It was a friendly interview and very casual speaking with a senior at the company who had a lot of experience.

Interview Questions

• What's your favourite shot on your reel?   Answer Question
    • How could you make that shot better?   Answer Question
    • If you were to comp an alien into a supermarket, what would be the steps you would take to make it look realistic?   Answer Question

Build Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2018.

Interview

They called me since I was in South Korea , it was 3 times of call I guess and each call had a term like few weeks. It took around 15-30mins for interviewing.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

HR discussion, followed by Codility coding test and on site interview.

Enjoyed the interview on site - very nice discussion.

Unfortunately was ghosted without a follow up of any kind - which is unprofessional.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview was rescheduled.
    When I arrived the room was already had people in it. We eventually went in and I was interviewed by two people. It seemed to go well, I answered all the questions and asked some of them. I don't remember many of the questions asked. Then I left.
    I was told I interviewed well but I didn't get the a position as they had filled up but my cv will be kept on hand for any future vacancies in the same position.
    I emailed a month or so later to receive more of the same.
    I don't mind not being suitable for a job but I wish employers would not beat around the bush and just tell me I'm not right for the position and why.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an idea of where you would like to go in visual effects?   Answer Question

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

I arrive at the reception, waited 30 minutes to see the recruiter and a guy came and told me that the recruiter left and is unreachable, so I have to reschedule. Left work early for nothing. This is a huge lack of respect, reflecting how they treat their employees

Interview Questions

• who booked your appointment?   1 Answer

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Mid to senior level comp needed in a month.

Minimum of 2 years VFX industry experience as a compositor. Experience using Nuke. A knowledge and interest in photography and practical lighting

Interview Questions

• Are you available in 2 weeks?   1 Answer

Junior FX TD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arles, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DNEG (Arles, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)) in September 2015.

Interview

L'entretien a commencé par une description des projets sur lesquels la boîtes travaillaient à l'époque, puis des équipes et des différents logiciels utilisés par l'entreprise, le reste était un entretien classique, les drh étaient très sympathiques, l'entretien s'est déroulé en anglais et à duré 30-45 min.

Junior Character TD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyon (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Lyon (France)) in June 2016.

Interview

Quelques mails, puis entretiens par Skype avec une RH et un lead.

Même interlocuteur tout au long du processus.

Un peu de retard (15minutes).

Très pro, questions pertinentes sur le profile du candidat.

20-30min