DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DNEG Interview Questions

Interviews at DNEG

2.3

CG Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Moscow (Russia)) in November 2015.

Interview

I`ve got in touch via email at fisrt. Then we`ve booked a phone interview in a week. There typical questions about experience: where i worked and what projects i like. Also HRs described me the projects i`am going to work at and the tools they use

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging shot in my reel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

First acquaintance

Paint Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was recommended in by internal staffs. All the profiling has been stored inside their server, when there's available positions they will call you up. After they call you up, you will be arranged with their supervisors or whichever department representative. You will be notified after a week, via email. They are very responsive in their replies, but sometimes maybe some miscommunication between people.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me more about yourself, and what have you learn during your school period.   Answer Question
    • Q: What made you choose to enter this industry?   Answer Question

FX TD Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

A telephone call, very informal, where I talked about the projects. They were more explaining about the projects than asking about my background or skills. At the end they asked me if I had any other offer and short after they email me with theirs.

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Kolkata) in December 2012.

Interview

Conference call via skype. Questions asked about back ground, work history, previous experience with other similar companies. Spoke directly with manager and HR recruiter. Brief touch on stereoscopic experience and previous projects.

Matchmove Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

they call me for an interview, it went well, they ask me my experience and where i worked before, the guy was friendly and nice, he let me know if i was hired after a week. an important aspect ( he told me) was how i would approach with other people, my attitude, they like to create teams that work well together.

RND Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Thorough, standard interview process. Consisted of 3 interviews with more and more degrees of specific questioning. All very professional and friendly. This was a long time ago, and I can't really pad this out to an extra 50 words.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really, was offered an amount, and took it.

Tech Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Had clearly already made their mind up that I had the job before I got there. They wanted my life story (literally) and said that they liked me right there and then. They asked when I could start if successful towards the end which pretty much told me I had the job. Not TOO interested in what sort of an artist I would become.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what you want to go on to doing?   1 Answer

Runner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG in August 2011.

Interview

I sent off a cover letter, showreel and showreel breakdown on a speculative application. I got a reply within a week or so and went for an interview. It was very relaxed and just felt like a chat more than a typical interview. A couple of emails and a phone call later and I had got the job / had a starting date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy to negotiate my start date to start a few weeks later as I had existing work commitments.

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNEG (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

I lived in LA at the time (December 2009). It was a 10 minute phone call. On the line were a supervising compositor and HR. It was a friendly chat.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to move to London?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. Dneg has its own salary brackets and it is very difficult to negotiate up out of them. However, I was able to get an extra 3%.

Rotoscope Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

A brief chat about my interest in visual effects. The ask questions about my background and went through the showreel I had provided. It was more about assessing my communication skills than my experience in roto

Interview Questions

• What my favourite film was.   1 Answer