Danfoss International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Danfoss International Interview Questions

Interviews at Danfoss International

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Danfoss International.

Interview

Initially interviewed by talent representative from the Ames, Iowa office. Invited to on-site interview and was interviewed by an HR representative and the department manager. I was mainly asked for information from my resume and was told I was selected by the department manager for an interview because of the detailed cover letter I submitted.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Danfoss International (Longmont, CO (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

The overall interview process was very straightforward. You get contacted by a HR rep first and they will ask you to answer a couple of questions through email. Then you will have a phone call with them and go through a preliminary screening interview. This will only take around 30 minutes. Next, you are scheduled a technical interview with one of the engineer managers. This is much more in-depth and took around an hour and half for me.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose engineering in the first place?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Danfoss?   Answer Question
    • Describe some of your projects that relate closest to this position.   Answer Question
    • What manufacturing standards did you follow in the drawings you developed during your projects?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and what you did to remedy the problem.   Answer Question
    • What are three words you would use to describe yourself   Answer Question
    • How familiar are you with shaft design?   Answer Question
    • How familiar are you with cast design and casting?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about electric motors? Most people see electric motors as a black box, but can you describe to me how they work.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with cooling systems?   Answer Question
    • When you created design in Solidworks did you ever account or need to look at tolerance stack up?   Answer Question
    • You chose Aluminum 6061 and 1040 steel for your project. What was the reasoning behind these choices?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with FEA analysis or anything similar to that?   Answer Question
    • How familiar are you with different types of bearings? What have you used before?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about PM motors?   Answer Question

Aero-Thermal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Danfoss International.

Interview

The HR scheduled a call with me and asked me questions in respect to my resume. I was also asked questions about my undergrad studies. He wanted to know my experience and the courses that I had taken during my undergrad.

Interview Questions

• A project that I have worked on   1 Answer

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Danfoss International.

Interview

Received an email asking me to answer 5 questions. After I replied, I was sent an email to schedule a 15 minute phone interview. The recruiter asked if I knew what Danfoss does, tell about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Danfoss?
      Why did you apply to this position?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Danfoss International (Baltimore, MD (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The virtual interview process was very easy to go through. Staff have all been very helpful and supportive throughout the entire process. I enjoyed meeting members of their team and discussing what the job would entail.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Danfoss?   Answer Question
    • What projects have you worked on in the past and how do they qualify you for this position?   Answer Question

EHS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Danfoss International (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I had two interviews, an onsite interview, and then a final phone interview. I went back and forth between different human resource employees and the supervisors id be working with. The process took a total of 1.5 months. The interviews were relaxed and not behavioral based.

Trade Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Danfoss International (Baltimore, MD (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was long but average at the most. You interview with 4 or 5 different people including heads of the department you're applying for which can be intimidating if you're not used to that interview style. The questions they ask are your basic interview questions so you will repeat a lot of answers.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a potential employer?   1 Answer

HR Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Danfoss International (Ames, IA (US)).

Interview

I participated in a full day onsite interview. I was told I would be notified of the results by the end of the week. I contacted the recruiter to ask for feedback and was told recruiters don’t have access to the information. The interview occurred 6 weeks ago and I still have not been contacted by the Company. Very poor candidate experience.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Danfoss International (Ames, IA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone screen, 45 minute phone interview, 1 hour interview with management, 1 hour interview with peers, 45 minute HR interview, 45 minute international phone interview with senior management, multiple check-ins, offer.

Post Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denmark, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Danfoss International (Denmark, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

The position was announced online and I applied through their platform. After three weeks they sent me an invitation email for a voice call Skype interview. It is pretty easy and straight forward.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.