Dell Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Dell Account Executive Interview Questions

3.2

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

I interviewed at Dell in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted after an offsite event targeting female sales talent with power to fly. I sincerely believed this was a legit opportunity but it was just a PR stunt. I never received any follow up since September of 2017 and my application says under consideration.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Internal interview, 3 separate meetings, all were located here in Austin. The hiring manager flew in specifically for the interview, and the role started about a quarter later. There was no additional training, and the business/territory is yours to run as your business. RSD visits were few and far between.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your 30 - 60 - 90 day plan   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I interviewed at Dell (New York, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Process was fast and efficient. 3 weeks from start to finish. Being referred by a current dell employee speeds up the process. Training for 2 weeks in round rock could have been done in 1.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell in May 2017.

Interview

Met with a couple of different managers. Interviews went well per both managers. However, follow up/responsiveness has been slow from the company to date. It appears the urgency to fill a position has subsided.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you successfully sold a deal to one of your customers?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

Multiple interviews with Sales Manager, SE Manager, SE and Inside Sales Manager. Process was lengthy but once the hiring manager made a decision, the response from the recruiter with an offer letter was very quick, less than three weeks overall. The interview from the Inside Sales manager was very canned - "Tell me about a time when....". The hiring manager was very dynamic; very intelligent and quick individual.

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Very good experience through the interview process. The talent acquisition team is very professional and were very diligent in their follow ups.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, they offered within the range I was considering.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I was already working for Dell and as such was privy to contacts. I spent time positioning for this role before the actual interview by meeting regularly with potential hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty typical and what you would expect. There is nothing that caught me off guard that I can recall.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN (US)).

Interview

Varies greatly by manager. Some managers will want to do a mock customer meeting. Some will simply be similar to most companies about you and your past and how it fits the current role. Most interviews are one interview/meeting only when you are an external candidate. Internal interviews can go several rounds depending on the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with ambiguity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Dell will negotiate depending on experience / previous pay at similar company. Always ask for more money from Dell. They will pay for about 50% of the time.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

7 interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you sell enterprise, mobility, software, and services to customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Costa Mesa, CA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Hiring and Interview Process was not very professional. Only met with the hiring manager once! Also, they use outside recruiters that are contracted out who were not very good in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.