Dell Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 16 Aug 2018
2,270 Interview Reviews

2.9

Configuration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Panel Interview first, then a skills interview

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Quick and easy phone interview with 3 individuals. They all asked a few experience questions and them some techincal questions. After the interview I was contacted by the original staffing agency to let me know I got the job as Dell usually was a contract-to-hire company.

Contracts Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

initial phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview by the manager and then in-person interviews with the team I would be joining. The most stressful part was trying to find the actual location of where the interview would be happening in the maze of buildings and confusing structures on the Dell campus.

Interview Questions

• how I handled certain difficult situations in the past   1 Answer

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Peoria, IL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

It started by simple conversation about the weekend plan. Then the manager started to talk about Dell Service, and what the opportunities are. Then we started to go over my resume, and I realized that he started to get distracted. As I went over my resume, I would stop and see if he would add some comments, and he didn't add anything and that became a dead silence. Because it was a phone interview, I almost thought I got disconnected, but he was still listening. Even until the end of the interview, when I was asking questions, his answer would not be more than 1 sentence. It wasn't that pleasant of an experience.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Conducted 2 phone interviews with different people, then moved to a panel interview with 2 other people. Offer came shortly after the panel interview, then went into a long process of background checks and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you handled a conflict with a co-worker   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell in October 2014.

Interview

The whole process takes an awful lot of time! 5 weeks and then a generic message saying it will take longer. Interview questions are easy. 2:1 for full time positions. There was a networking event the night before the interview was scheduled. Felt good to meet with the recruiters and talk to them about their experience working at Dell.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. The technical questions were related to data structures   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Apply on Dell job, had a on campus interview. Two engineering managers asked me questions about my project. Interviewing with Dell is honestly the best interview experience I've ever had. Much better than Google, Microsoft. The people who interviewed me made me feel like they really care, and they are actually trying to see if I am a good fit for a job in Dell. Overall it's a great experience

Interview Questions

Dell Response

17 Nov 2014 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Dell. We are happy to hear that your experience was so positive. Best of luck to you!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was asked for technical interviews with two different groups, no HR part involved so far. Applied through university. Interview invitation sent by email. We got a free dinner (dell networking event) the night before interview day.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structure, string manipulation, pointers. Since I learned about these during freshmen year, I pretty much forgot most of these when I was interviewed. I didn't review because I thought first round should be HR, but I was wrong...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was flown in for college interviews along with 50 or so other people. First we were taken out on the town and treated to dinner. We spent the night on the Hyatt by the river, which was nice.

On the day of the interview, we first talked to the HR recruiter, then we were interviewed in a large room where there were many hiring managers present. What happened next was very similar to speed dating.

Each interviewee had an assigned seat, where they were interviewed by their assigned potential manager to be. Every 30 minutes, the managers would all rotate seats (musical chairs style) and talk to their next potential candidate.

Each manager had hiring authority, so if one guy liked you, you were in. I had 3 interviews that day, so in theory could have gotten 3 separate offers.

Interview Questions

• The manager that hired me just wanted to know what I like to do on the weekends b/c my resume already showed that I had technical knowledge. Other managers asked me to tell them everything I knew about BIOS programming, which was zero.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got an offer that was higher than I expected, so I took it!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

1st round: I was contacted by a manager of one of their software dev teams to do phone screening which took about 30 mins. The manager spent 15 mins talking about the project that her group was working on, then she asked about my background. Very class HR questions. Got scheduled for a technical phone screen.

2nd round: The technical phone screen was pretty easy, basic data structure such as Stack, Queue, Graph (no coding, only discussed the use and time complexity). One question involving threads in Java which caught me off guard, but the interviewer gave me hint.

Never heard back from them after the 2nd round, they might move on with other candidates. I feel a little bit disappointed since they did not even bother replying my follow-up email to ask for the status.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you are writing a test script to test a function running in a process over night. How do you make sure that if the process is halted, your test function will be able to detect that.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.