Dell Technical Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Dell Technical Support Associate Interview Questions

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casablanca (Morocco)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Casablanca (Morocco)) in April 2011.

Interview

After complete a technical test and been accepted, an interview with the hiring manager, the future trainer and a memeber of HR takes place.

Interview Questions

• It was a standard interview, there is no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru) in July 2011.

Interview

Hiring process for Tech Support Associate(Voice) involves 3 rounds.

The first round was with the HR, since I had prior experience this round was pretty straight forward. The HR just wanted a quick introduction about myself and just asked me to wait for sometime to get to the next round.

The second round was the round with operations. This was a face to face interview with a Team Manager and a Senior Manager, They asked me basic questions about c computer hardware and also a few questions about my family background and education. The technical questions included questions about the latest processors in the market, basic hardware such as what each port on the laptop and a desktop kept in the interview cubicle was. Since I had mentioned my completion of CCNA they asked me a few questions about OSI model and networking(ipconfig, what do you do when internet is not working...etc). I had not taken up the certification so they asked me to remove CCNA from the resume! Because CCNA meant Cisco Certified Network Associate and I had not taken up the certification. So heads up, if you have MCSE or CCNA on your resume make sure you're certified.

The third round was a language test. This is done at Dell with an computerized software called as Versant. They handed out a two page instruction manual about how to prepare for the test. It is fairly simple you just have to put on a headset and answer some basic questions the software wants you to answer from a short comprehension it reads before asking the questions.

Overall the interview process was very well organised, but yes be prepared to spend at least 4 - 6 hours, They have a very good interview room so you won't get very bored. The work culture at Dell is very good, they have a lot of emphasis for ethics and integrity. I've been at Dell for 1.2 Years now and can vouch for them in that regards.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had to answer was about the gaps I had in my career. They wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be quitting soon.   2 Answers

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very short. The HR just ran through the TnCs of joining and joining date. Dell like many other companies has it's salaries structure fixed and the salary depends on the experience you have. No negotiation was entertained and I just got a this is what we can offer reply from the HR. But the initial offer was in par with my expectations, a little above that actually. So I was happy to accept the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Gurgaon, Haryana) in December 2012.

Interview

Hiring and interview process had 2 rounds. One with the Operations Manager and the other with HR. Operations round was a basic chk on Tecnical acumen and sustainability.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru) in August 2013.

Interview

The hiring process consists of 3 rounds.
    The HR round- where they ask you to speak of your previous work experience, likes and dislikes, and other stuff.
    The operations round - where a manager from the operations team checks if you are technically sound and can pull off the job.
    Versant test - is a computerised test over the phone where in we have to recite paragraph and be our best as far as pronunciation and grammar goes.

Interview Questions

• The operations round had a flurry of questions fired at me and I really got stuck when I had to explain the RAID arrangement for Hard Drives.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was appalled by the salary offered (as a downside)

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (New Delhi) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Excellent communication skills. Must be able to clearly interact with the customer, understand the requirements and communicate with the off-shore team. Must be able to participate and represent the team in Change and Incident management meetings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Hyderabad) in August 2017.

Interview

I have attended for the interview in Dell for the role of technical support associate the first round was jam. They asked me about globalization.I couldn't clear the round. Although they had selected the candidates who had experience in regarding field.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Hyderabad) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview questions were competency based. They check where you can handle tough situations or work under pressure.
    Below mentioned are the rounds of interview
    1. Jam session
    2. HR
    3. Operations
    4. Final round again with the HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Hyderabad) in August 2017.

Interview

There will be 3 rounds
    1. JAM
    2. Technical Process
    3. HR
    I have been completed all the three rounds
    and got selected till hr round
    the process will be fast and the management is good

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.