Dell Technologies Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Inside Sales Representative

Dell Technologies Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2.7

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in December 2018.

Interview

Got an email from the dell team wanting to interview. They said it would be Telephone interview that lasted forty-five minutes describing the job. They then go into interview questions asking about myself and about dealing with conflict

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Flew myself and 8 other candidates to Boston for the interview. Fully paid for flights, hotel, and rental car. Reimbursed for food and other travel expenses for days in Massachusetts. Interview was in Franklin, MA a small town about 40 minutes from Boston. Dell EMC was up front about how it was broken down beforehand, 3 interviews, an elevator pitch to management, and a Q&A with current ISRs. Candidates were from all over the country, pretty diverse group except it was 8 men and only 1 woman. Elevator pitch to management was easy and they only used it to get leverage points in the interviews, didn't really care how you performed. First interview went great, very leading questions in order to get your best answers and boost your confidence. Second interview was the complete opposite, they send a person in who attempts to act cold and stern to throw you off. Talking with the other candidates it's very important which manager you get because some of them don't really understand the point of being "cold" towards an interviewee and fail to pick up on social cues thus leading to a poor evaluation of the candidate. Before the third interview you get to ask a current ISR about 'converged infrastructure' as it is the topic of your upcoming role play in the 3rd interview. However, any information you need for it is all found in the video that accompanies your interview final instructions. Once again all the candidates agreed that who you get for the third interview is crucial to your success in the sales role play. They claim that if you "are coachable" and learn from your previous interview tips and "are willing to recognize your mistakes" made during the role play you'll ace it but after discussing with the other candidates it's easy to tell by the third interview whether they're bringing you on or not and the role play is just to make sure their top picks don't wet the bed in a pressure situation. The day ends with you shadowing a current ISR 1 on 1 where they basically tell you about their interview.
    Major Takeaways:
    1) Pray you get paired with better hiring managers in your interviews or you will be tossed out before the last one
    2) They have a preconceived notion of their "optimal" employee which for them consists of being a college athlete. They don't care at all how good your sales, people, or problem solving skills actually are.
    3) Even if you don't think you're a good fit definitely go to the interview if invited, great experience to get a free trip and practice interviewing with a big time comapny

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you set a goal and how you were able to accomplish it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you took a risk   Answer Question
    • Tell me what makes flash storage different from conventional storage   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Franklin, MA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

First I got a call from HR for phone screening and then had a Phone interview with Hiring Manager. It was an hour interview with hiring manager and 1/2 hour with HR.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Waco, TX (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The process consisted of submitting a resume and cover letter online, and one in-person interview. They gave quick feedback, and asked fair questions throughout the interview. The questions were specifically tailored to the position.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer gave me a mock sales scenario, where I was a phone salesperson and he was a customer looking for service.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Nashville, TN (US)).

Interview

All about sales , they don't care how technical you are. I currently do lots of sales for the company I work based on my knowledge of the products. They also seem to want to only hire temps/contract to hire with low wages.

Interview Questions

• Sales scenarios unrelated to Dell.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a brief interview . Two reps talked with me about my job experience and work style. They were young and interviewed me as a team.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks. Was referred by another employee. Only had phone interview then was offered job. Talked to two people in conference call like setting. Wasn't insanely hard but threw a few questions that were out of the blue at you.

Interview Questions

• What is something a past employer has told you to work on about yourself and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Franklin, MA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Long interview about 6 hours. Very good process. It went over very smoothly. The employees did a fantastic job. Although I did not get the job, It was a great learning experience and would highly recommend anyone applying for sales to apply for this job. They have one of the best programs around

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Franklin, MA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Virtual Interview then followed up with an in person interview in Massachusetts. 3 45 minute interviews with managers and 1 mock call . It was about 5-6 weeks after I heard back from the initial virtual interview. Interview started around 8 am and went to 1:30 pm. Overall was a good process.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Nashville, TN (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in the lobby. The girl who was suppose to interview me cancelled and they replaced her with a guy who has never interviewed anyone before. It was very disorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.