Dell Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Dell Technologies

3,028 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

2 rounds.. judge technical as well as behavioral aspects..Questions are about previous jobs and projects. Will ask relevant technical questions to judge a candidate for their requirements. One of the best thing of the process was, for the questions which you donot answer or answer incorrectly, they will explain you the correct/expecting approach to it.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to previous job and technology specific ones.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Bengaluru) in April 2016.

Interview

4 rounds of face to face, the technology based questions only and project related questions

Internal Sales Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Franklin, MA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Video interview and onsite interview. At the onsite interview we met with three different hiring managers each for 45 minutes. It ended by doing a role play with the last hiring manager based on materials sent to you a few days before the interview

Interview Questions

• Asked technical questions about several products   1 Answer

MBA Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

On campus recruiting. Came for company presentation and offered on site visit. Application was also via on campus portal. All very standard.

Now here's the weird part:
    Your chances in being hired are dictated by the happy hour prior to your interview. Not a screening call or interactions with the company the months leading up. Or, what most normal companies do, the interview.

I feel that the process automatically discounts introverts trying to become extroverts. Its one thing if an 'airport test' was chatting with a recruiter over drinks. An entirely different thing if over 30 candidates are expected to enter social circles and ask questions 'correctly'. That's not normal inter company interaction. Everyone in this process is concerned about receiving an offer, so no one is truly authentic. If Dell was trying to judge fit, then this is quite possibly the worst way to gague anything real out of a person.

Anyway, the happy hour dictates the type of interview you receive the next day. Do well and you will receive a very light conversational interview. Do badly and be prepared for a borderline hostile interview bombarded with questions without a chance to catch your breath. I've gone through hundreds of interviews prior to B school and never experienced one where I felt so uncomfortable by the tone and pace of the interviewer, especially since Dell misleadingly tells all their candidates to enter in a very conversational mindset (which I've confirmed that my colleagues who had positive reactions the night before received a much lighter interview).

I'd love to work for Dell in theory...but not if this is their hiring process. This process makes me question Dell's ability to gauge talent and how they make advancement decisions internally overall.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn the most last night at the happy hour reception?   1 Answer
    • Why did you register for the timeslot you did and what was your strategy?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite Dell product?   Answer Question

Principal QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

In Bangalore there are at least 4 branches I know of , the one I gave in was for Embassy golf Links (behind macafee). Dell is a huge brand standing high in general and with recent acquisitions as well. The infrastructure of Dell offices in Bangalore is too good.

Despite it's high profile , the Bangalore branches is turning out to be a care free due to may be new set of people putting their settlements in this company with their seniority . To begin with I heard feedback from friends that this interview turning out to be fishmarket as they conduct interviews round the calendar and outsourcing to all consultancies for contract to hire predominantly. The managers and tech round people take you for a ride as they get candidates round the calendar. I was on interview for QA position but the final manager round guy asked me development questions(heard he never selected any candidate for last 3 months). The managers have fun here with candidates life. Dell management in US please take a call on this.

Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Paris (France)) in June 2015.

Interview

After an interview over the phone, you will have a physical interview with HR and manager to test your technical knowledge and your soft skills.
    Sometimes you have to pass a role play to simulate a customer meeting.

Suporte técnico Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eldorado do Sul (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Eldorado do Sul (Brazil)).

Interview

Processo muito focado em SLA, sendo que ao pesquisar no Reclame Aqui, é péssima a avaliação do suporte.
    Ao invés de focar no sucesso do cliente, se foca em prazo pra atendimento, não concordo com o fit da empresa, nesse caso.

Interview Questions

• Qual era a meta de SLA de onde vc trabalhou?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Had a great phone interview with the recruiter who told me she was moving me forward in the process to speak with two other team members. After not hearing anything for over a week, I reached out to the recruiter with zero response back. I tried a few more times over the next month with no repsonse.

Five weeks later, I was contacted by a coordinator to schedule two more phone interviews. We set the time and date and I confirmed my participation. The date and times came and went with no phone calls. Reached out to the coordinator - no response.

If I'm not a qualified candidate or you aren't really interested, just say so.

Interview Questions

• Wish I could tell you. Did have a lot of situational questions with the first recruiter call.   Answer Question

Estagiário Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hortolândia (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Hortolândia (Brazil)).

Interview

Processo seletivo demorado, demora nos retornos aos candidatos. De forma geral, foi uma boa experiência, mas deviam dar uma maior atenção aos cadidatos

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

Initial screen from a recruiter who asked basic questions and talked the role and qualifications up but failed to provide an accurate overview of the role and it’s requirements.

A second phone screen went further to probe knowledge but did not go over the actual scope of work that the job entailed.

In person interview was an undisclosed 2 hour session which the recruiter failed to mention or that there was going to be whiteboard examples and theory discussion on topics not disclosed or mentioned in the job advertisement. Essentially setting candidates up for failure.

The interview process overall was extremely disjointed and jarring. It felt like more of an exercise for the staff to interview rather than seriously consider a candidate.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process and job description looks like so deep technical, they strip down to bottom of technicalities, but ultimately on job its simply a "call center" taking calls and dispatching parts

Interview Questions

• OS, RAID, Windows, VMware, Troubleshooting   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.