Dell Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 13 Jun 2019
2,674 Interview Reviews

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Hopkinton, MA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Just the absolute worst. HR was had me applied to the wrong job but I never heard back. Spoke with 3 different HR people and it took weeks to set up an interview but the hiring manager was someone I already spoke to when I went on-site. I didn't meet their criteria of a 20 something female so I "didn't fit with the team". Never heard back and it's the 3rd time I have gone through this with them and it's just a huge process with no follow-up. I would hate to see how they treat their customers.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Had a great phone interview with the recruiter who told me she was moving me forward in the process to speak with two other team members. After not hearing anything for over a week, I reached out to the recruiter with zero response back. I tried a few more times over the next month with no repsonse.

Five weeks later, I was contacted by a coordinator to schedule two more phone interviews. We set the time and date and I confirmed my participation. The date and times came and went with no phone calls. Reached out to the coordinator - no response.

If I'm not a qualified candidate or you aren't really interested, just say so.

Interview Questions

• Wish I could tell you. Did have a lot of situational questions with the first recruiter call.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

Initial screen from a recruiter who asked basic questions and talked the role and qualifications up but failed to provide an accurate overview of the role and it’s requirements.

A second phone screen went further to probe knowledge but did not go over the actual scope of work that the job entailed.

In person interview was an undisclosed 2 hour session which the recruiter failed to mention or that there was going to be whiteboard examples and theory discussion on topics not disclosed or mentioned in the job advertisement. Essentially setting candidates up for failure.

The interview process overall was extremely disjointed and jarring. It felt like more of an exercise for the staff to interview rather than seriously consider a candidate.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process and job description looks like so deep technical, they strip down to bottom of technicalities, but ultimately on job its simply a "call center" taking calls and dispatching parts

Interview Questions

• OS, RAID, Windows, VMware, Troubleshooting   1 Answer

Finance Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bratislava (Slovakia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Bratislava (Slovakia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was into the Finance Graduate Program. 3 Stages, phone screening, online testing and panel interviews.
    Panel interviews were split into 3 stages,
    Finance Acumen
    Business Acumen
    HR Questions.

Questions were not easy, be prepared.

Interview Questions

• You want to start you company, how would you get the capital for it?   1 Answer
    • What are the main issues corporates face regarding thethe Foreign Exchange?   Answer Question
    • Who are our main competitors?   Answer Question
    • If you could chose any company to work for, who would you chose and why?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bukit Mertajam (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Bukit Mertajam (Malaysia)) in November 2018.

Interview

1st phone interview : to screen the background and experience
    2nd - face-to-face interview : arranged with the hiring manager, but the hiring manager did not turn up but send another person for the interview
    being asked 2 questions: do you know anyone working here? how do you get to know about the opening? hell! does the fella hinted me I need to have an acquaintances to get a chance to work in Dell? does the fella hinted me i need to be someone for employee referral to get the chance? i answer NO for the first question, and the second is via a job portal, and the fella ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• do you know anyone working here?
      how do you get to know about the opening?   Answer Question

Analista Júnior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)).

Interview

Achei ruim, pois eles não mostram como foi a decisão de exclusão do seu currículo para a empresa. Apenas avisam que você não foi selecionado. Para melhorar eles poderiam mandar a sua ficha de avaliação, por exemplo.

Interview Questions

• Quais são as suas experiências?   1 Answer

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, 3 other Directors and Hiring Manager. Support from all interviewers were required before moving to the next phase. Once received, HR made the offer and negotiated the details.

Interview Questions

• Interested in my background and leadership skills especially as it related to supporting the complete Dell portfolio   Answer Question
    • Why am I looking to make a change   Answer Question
    • How would I build my skill set to cover the entire portfolio   Answer Question

Director of Cyber Security Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beersheba (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Beersheba (Israel)) in March 2017.

Interview

Well, I was called for about 5-6 times.
    HR, professional exams, That included exams, clearance and so on.

In my opinion, I believe it's way to many times to come for a job interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Bengaluru) in December 2016.

Interview

One of the toughest interview i have seen so far. Interview is based on live scenarios and situations. With one round can easily evaluate the persons abilities.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.