Dell Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2,683 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

1st round: I was contacted by a manager of one of their software dev teams to do phone screening which took about 30 mins. The manager spent 15 mins talking about the project that her group was working on, then she asked about my background. Very class HR questions. Got scheduled for a technical phone screen.

2nd round: The technical phone screen was pretty easy, basic data structure such as Stack, Queue, Graph (no coding, only discussed the use and time complexity). One question involving threads in Java which caught me off guard, but the interviewer gave me hint.

Never heard back from them after the 2nd round, they might move on with other candidates. I feel a little bit disappointed since they did not even bother replying my follow-up email to ask for the status.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you are writing a test script to test a function running in a process over night. How do you make sure that if the process is halted, your test function will be able to detect that.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in September 2008.

Interview

I received a call for a phone screen 3-days after posting to a position. The manager did a skills interview and a review of the position. A week later a group interview was scheduled. First couple of interviewers were standard, with no goofy questions. The third interviewer was from another department that had absolutely no involvement with the group I was interviewing for, and he had no questions for me. I questioned him about his position and how this group would help his group, but he had no feedback. We spoke about the company culture and wrapped up the whole thing in 10 minutes. The third person would have been a peer. His stated concern was that this position was created to eliminate other positions in the department.

Interview Questions

• So you are here to eliminate our jobs?   1 Answer
    • I don't work with these guys and have no idea what I am doing in this interview, so I don't have any questions for you.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by an older hiring manager. The only thing resembling a technical interview was him asking me to rate myself on various programming languages. He then spent the rest of the time talking about how he was overbooked for the day and that he had lunch in my hometown once.

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself from 1-10 on <insert programming language>?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Was asked about previous work experience, about the details of the previous projects. Then was asked some general questions about object-oriented design and principles. Also, had several questions about algorithms and data structures, was asked about implementation of various trees. Then was asked about software development lifecycle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

one phone interview asking all the details on the resume.
    get response inviting for onsite in one week.

On site interview:
    interviewed with five engineers. All technical questions. not so difficult.

compensation not competitive

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied with my resume through the career center of my school. I honestly did expect they were going to call me, however somehow got an interview a or so week later. The interview took place at my University and was about 30 min. all technical questions. After that I received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Simple data structures questions (diff. between stack and a queue) and questions about my school projects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Campus interview, applied through university career center.
    The interviewer was kind and patient. We talked about my past projects and he also asked some design pattern question. I think I did a good job but no response after the interview even though I emailed the recruiter twice. After 2 months, I received a short email saying they would not move forward my candidacy.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in September 2015.

Interview

Very quick interview. Interviewers were nice but hard to read. I don't believe they thought I was a good candidate from the start but I currently have no idea how the interview actually went.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and thorough. Interviews with several managers and technical leads. Asked questions about my experience and expertise. Met individually with each person on the interview panel. Some of the questions were very technical and some were just general interview questions on work experience and past employers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Madison, WI (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Mainly behavioral. The interviewer asked me to code a simple program and then asked mainly about my undergraduate coursework and projects. He also asked some basic aptitude and logical questions which I answered correctly. It was a good interview but later they messaged me saying that there were no positions open as of now (which I found a bit strange).

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. Asked me which software languages had I worked on and what courses have you taken.   Answer Question