Dell Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2,747 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and thorough. Interviews with several managers and technical leads. Asked questions about my experience and expertise. Met individually with each person on the interview panel. Some of the questions were very technical and some were just general interview questions on work experience and past employers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in September 2015.

Interview

Very quick interview. Interviewers were nice but hard to read. I don't believe they thought I was a good candidate from the start but I currently have no idea how the interview actually went.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty standard interview, interview on my college campus. 30 minutes that combined both technical and behavioral questions. 2 people for just me, the questions got more and more detailed as time went on. Know your projects that are on your resume! They asked really detailed questions about an app i created.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume during college career fair and we moved forward with an on campus interview. A lot of behavioral questions like why Dell and what do you plan to achieve there. There were no onsite interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at career fair September 2016, and got an on campus interview. During the interview, was asked bunch of behavior questions and a simple coding problem. A month later, got an email saying I was rejected.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached me out to set up a phone interview with the team manager. He asked some basic stuff regarding the things on the resume. After that, I was set up two onsite interviews.
    First Day:
    Total 5 rounds - 4 coding and one director. Each one 45 min
    Whiteboard coding on arrays linkedlists and stacks.
    Second Day:
    5 rounds - 4 coding and one manager each 45 min
    Questions on arrays, bit manipulation, OS, linkedlists, stacks and queues.

Interview Questions

• Find a number in sorted rotated array, Adding and deleting elements in a linked list, Fibonacci series, Implement stacks using queues. Find the number of ones in a binary representation of a number, Sort elements of a stack using two stacks. find factorial of a number using recursion, Find the missing number in an array between 1 to n.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Madison, WI (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I Interviewed on campus after an engineering career fair. The interview was brief and completely behavioral. They asked about my resume and my coding experience but no technical questions. Based on the style of the interview, it seems as though they pick their candidates based on their resume and personality.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who interned there last year, and they gave me a single phone interview where they told me about the project they would have me work on, and asked me about my experience in a couple of languages.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in February 2017.

Interview

An employee referred me to Isilon file system team. Then a recruiter called to give a brief about the team which will start with phone interview as a first step. An engineer from the team called and conducted technical interview. After that he told me that I am not fit to the team.

Interview Questions

• How to implement distributed lock for large-scale cluster   Answer Question
    • Writing C language to implement read lock and write lock   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Hopkinton, MA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

mainly focus on the projects I have done, and asked a few basic data structure questions. some behavior question like how do you do the communication with other group members. What is your role in your projects.

Interview Questions

Dell Technologies Response

4 Apr 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

We have a high success rate with hires through our team members and employee referral program - thrilled you were able to get an interview and offer - welcome to the team!