Dell Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2,684 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached me out to set up a phone interview with the team manager. He asked some basic stuff regarding the things on the resume. After that, I was set up two onsite interviews.
    First Day:
    Total 5 rounds - 4 coding and one director. Each one 45 min
    Whiteboard coding on arrays linkedlists and stacks.
    Second Day:
    5 rounds - 4 coding and one manager each 45 min
    Questions on arrays, bit manipulation, OS, linkedlists, stacks and queues.

Interview Questions

• Find a number in sorted rotated array, Adding and deleting elements in a linked list, Fibonacci series, Implement stacks using queues. Find the number of ones in a binary representation of a number, Sort elements of a stack using two stacks. find factorial of a number using recursion, Find the missing number in an array between 1 to n.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was going pretty well. All the interviewers there were pretty nice. Although I didn't answer some of the questions, they still let me pass the interview. It was not very easy and not very hard. Be prepared for a lot of tech questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call then phone screen required coding over the phone plus on site. One interviewer didn't have the depth to understand a classic algorithm. often, they want you to find the answer they had in mind that is (they think) the one true smart solution.

Interview Questions

Dell Technologies Response

3 Jan 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us. We will use this feedback to make interviewing improvements across our teams so this detail is very appreciated and useful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had applied online.I had no phone interviews no recruiter screenings and was directly called onsite.I was a bit surprised as this is not the norm for other companies.I went anyways since Dell is a reputed company.I was put up in a good hotel and was given a rental car in Austin,TX.I had 4 rounds onsite.Mix of technical and behavioral.The last round was the longest I had a coding round where I had to compile the code there itself.After that I had some brain teasers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at career fair September 2016, and got an on campus interview. During the interview, was asked bunch of behavior questions and a simple coding problem. A month later, got an email saying I was rejected.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who interned there last year, and they gave me a single phone interview where they told me about the project they would have me work on, and asked me about my experience in a couple of languages.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Madison, WI (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I Interviewed on campus after an engineering career fair. The interview was brief and completely behavioral. They asked about my resume and my coding experience but no technical questions. Based on the style of the interview, it seems as though they pick their candidates based on their resume and personality.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in February 2017.

Interview

An employee referred me to Isilon file system team. Then a recruiter called to give a brief about the team which will start with phone interview as a first step. An engineer from the team called and conducted technical interview. After that he told me that I am not fit to the team.

Interview Questions

• How to implement distributed lock for large-scale cluster   Answer Question
    • Writing C language to implement read lock and write lock   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Hopkinton, MA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

mainly focus on the projects I have done, and asked a few basic data structure questions. some behavior question like how do you do the communication with other group members. What is your role in your projects.

Interview Questions

Dell Technologies Response

4 Apr 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

We have a high success rate with hires through our team members and employee referral program - thrilled you were able to get an interview and offer - welcome to the team!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to a job fair and got interviews with 2 teams. They weren't really technical, mostly behavioral. I talked about my projects and got quized a little bit on my coding profeciency and stuff like that. I Got an offer the next day. This interview was for an internship, and from there I received a return offer to stay in full time after graduation.