Dell Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2,678 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Brief. Literally sat us down and proceeded to explain the requirements of the job. Didn't ask any questions and was completely non-technical. Can't consider it an interview really... more of a discussion

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

- A single technical phone screen with a hiring manager after speaking to the recruiter during a recruiting event. Both were pleasant and informal. Seemed like they weren't very stressed about the technicals very .much, though.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Hopkinton, MA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I got a mail from the recruiter more than 30 days later to setup a phone call with a Director.
    The director then called me 10 minutes late, and while talking, he was quite unclear for which he said he is in the car, driving, which is why. On reaching his destination, he decided to finish the call.

As a company with such a high reputation, I thought they had a decent hiring process, where the hiring manager focuses on the person and not the road.

I was quite disappointed. Also the director sounded least interested.

Working for such a firm is a big NO!!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Nashua, NH (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Brief non-technical phone interview, then a follow up technical interview which included Java programming questions. Finally an onsite interview which consisted of a series of 1:1 interviews with varying levels of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Difference between an interface and abstract class   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The process was pretty standard as in - the first phone screen was regarding my technical background and my experience with their required technology. After the first phone screen, I got called for an on-site interview quite immediately. The on-site interview was as thorough screening session by 5 team members and I got asked questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked about data structures, a math problem and a few hardware/networking low-level detail based questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

First, short phone interview with hiring manager for about 30 minutes. Discussed background and was asked a question about data structures. Next, was contacted by HR for an "interview day" at Dell EMC. Two experienced employees and four recently employed employees talked to me and a group of people who came for interview day. Then, I was interviewed by two software engineers for an hour each.

Interview Questions

• Examine the code sample, find what's wrong, what will the output be, and how should it be fixed?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online and had an in person technical interview. Its fairly recent so I'm not going to give more details than that. Interviewer was a bit rude and they never followed up to inform me of the status of my application after an exceedingly long time. I am unsure I will ever consider re-applying here.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate knowledge of object-oriented design principles   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

same as most of companies, phone interview, then onsite, coding, whiteborad, behavior etc, nothing really special. depends on team, some teams are quick, some teams are really slow. overall is ok.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

1st phone call interview, then onsite interview. i got referred by my friend. everything is good expect for the unprofessional recruiter. i got no response, even after i send several emails to ask. feel pretty bad.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews, one with a recruiter and one with a hiring manager, then brought in for 4 in person interviews one after another. The fourth being a lunch interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my resume and 2 whiteboard problems.   Answer Question