Dell Technologies Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Dell Technologies Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

3.1

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (New Orleans, LA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was relatively relaxed. The interview was case based. I was asked about 3 case questions which led to discussions.
Each question would start simple but got more intricate as you detailed how you would address the issue.

Interview Questions

• What is you favorite Dell Product?
    How would you persuade an engineer to change a product in a way that he/ she does not want?   Answer Question
  • Which gadget do you own that you like the most? How would you improve that gadget?   Answer Question

Dell Technologies Response

27 Oct 2016 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your experience interviewing with Dell. Good luck!

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screened with the hiring manager after applying directly through their site. We talked generally about my background, and he explained who he was looking to hire. Contacted by a recruiter to give some in depth information about the role. She had her HR colleagues contact me to schedule a time to come on-site. I came in and met with 4 different people, including the hiring manager I had already spoken with. I sent in some materials for them to review the next day and heard back two days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you launched a product   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Excellent, thoughtful and respectful communication. The hiring managers are very well prepared and the HR staff and recruiters were very nice. No off-the-wall questions. Very straight forward and respectful. A pleasure.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Aliso Viejo, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I did a phone interview, a skype interview and finally an in person interview at their Aliso Viejo office. The woman I met with was very nice, but ultimately they didn't think I had enough experience (which I agreed).

Interview Questions

• Did you run google analytics at your previous position?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I interviewed at Dell Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

First round interviews was a panel of 3. Was not intense but validating whats on your resume and experience to do the job. My recommendation would be to be confident and don't lie on your resume because they will expose you. Be prepared for the panel type interview.

Interview Questions

• What are things that are deal breakers in the role for you?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

5 people interview you, with preset questions. HR did not always understand the positions and some candidates, while maybe completely talented, were not a fit for a position. So a lot of time was wasted. As an interviewer of people for a position, if the person seemed a fit, we would talk shop, if not, small talk ensued to fill the time.

Interview Questions

• WHat is your expereience with - name a technology?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quick and very professional. You will hear back pretty quickly after the panel interview regarding the offer. I advice you be very prepared for the interviews. They are in depth regarding your knowledge of product marketing, processes, cross functional teams, engineering (agile vs waterfall), and technologies. If you know your field and have the appropriate experience, you should be fine, but brush up on your product management/marketing training.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were doing go to market planning and you had to quickly make a change. What did you do and what was the result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Dell has an aggressive salary proposal out of the gate. I was honest about the current positions I was interviewing for and their salary range, which I believe helped me to receive the appropriate salary on the first offer.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Had a phone pre-screen with a very polished internal talent acquisition person, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager (most notable question - "Why do you think you're suited for this position?") within the same week.

Dell flew me out to Austin for interviews. I met with three in person and had phone interviews with an exec. director and another consultant over a period of 3 hrs.:

- very technical, in-depth (protocol level) questions
    - product marketing techniques

They were very professional, but in the end - there was a company-wide hiring freeze (for most positions).

Interview Questions

• (The position was for the group responsible for Dell's vStart CI stack). "Why do you want to hitch your success to the Converged Infrastructure strategy?"   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Nashua, NH (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

interview process was well organized and well defined. I had a phone and then 3 face to face interviews. The first step was applying on line, then a phone interview with HR, then phone interview with senior manager and finally a group interview with the team.

Interview Questions

• What value I could bring to the job   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

2 phone + 3 onsite interviews by VP, director, managers and senior engineers. Moderately challenging at the Director level. Be prepared to answer small brain teasers and typical industry questions and problem solving with case studies. It's very dependent on the interviewers' own background and the problems at hand they wanted you to help resolve. I would rate the difficulty 6 on a scale of 1-10. with 10 the toughest. Overall it's a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.