Dell Technologies Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Dell Technologies Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

In ital screening done by HR based on data base searches

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Stamford, CT (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviewed within the same organization I am working for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

internal company interview, no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Wellesley, MA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Overall generic. The objective is to let the interviewee speak as much as possible and the interviewer objective is to listen to identify if there is a fit for a random projects in the pipe line. I was interviewed for some expected projects but later was informed that I was being reassigned to other projects and not what I was initially presented.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in June 2007.

Interview

After applying to the job posted on the company website, I received a call from an HR Rep. We discussed my current position and historical job profile, this was a 20 minute call.

The next day I spoke with the hiring manager and we talked in detail about the PM position and the tasks it entailed, this was a 30 minute call.

I then received a call to arrange an in-person interview and we scheduled for the next week.

The in-person interview was set up as a panel interview. I met with 2 different groups, the first group had 3 members of the PM community and it lasted approx. 30 minutes. The 2nd group also consisted of 1 member of the PM community, the department manager and the direct manager was on a conference call. This also lasted approx. 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict/issue you've had a client and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • What is your strength? What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2008.

Interview

there were three people in the room. One HR recruiter and two senior managers from supply chain. They asked me some questions related to my resume and also asked me why I am interested in this area but not finance, etc. I was talking most of the time.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Plano, TX (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter, then phone interview with the team leader. We walked through the job description and organization. Then the recruiter passed along my info to the team lead who then took me through the team org and more detailed job description. Once that was complete, the interview questions began.

Interview Questions

• How my background aligned with the job description.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Why did I want to return to Dell?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

It was a peer interview, friendly but stressful and somewhat disorganized. I got the feeling the interviewers just wanted to get a warm body asap.

Interview Questions

• At the end of almost two hours of interviewing, I was asked to tell a joke. I came up short. I thought it was a stupid question, but then, the hiring manager who asked it quit Dell half a year later.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in October 2011.

Interview

The process was very quick. I had a face to face interview with a resource manager and the manager of the division I was applying to. The questions were relatively easy about my past experiences, stregths and weaknesses. I heard back within a few days with a job offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Four phone interviews. Traditional with no case studies. No tests. No writing samples. Had a lunch with two senior managers. End-to-end 5 weeks until offer. Interviewed with peers as well as recruiter and prospective manager. The process was pretty relaxed overall. Discussed Accomplishments, challenges, and ways of overcoming difficult situations. Definitely conversational and relatively stress free.

Interview Questions

• What I was seeking as well as questions re: consulting experience and IT project management.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone Based with person who would be my reporting manager. It went quite well and the questions were specific to my experience based on my resume and their need. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and was quite casual.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions of past projects and my feeling on how I did   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.