Dell Technologies Senior Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Senior Advisor

Dell Technologies Senior Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

Senior Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in August 2019.

Interview

Two rounds, one with another member of the team, another with senior director/VP. The interviewers were tough yet candid, a solid understanding of resume was done before asking questions

Interview Questions

• Personality based questions, past work experience with a focus on challenges faced and how you approached them   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)).

Interview

Background intro, skills related to job, expectations from job, benefits presented, personality questions, soft skills questions, questions on strengths and weaknesses,

Interview Questions

• what are your skills? What do you expect from this role?   Answer Question

Senior Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process with Dell was very laid back and conversational. It started with an in-person interview on campus that was 30-minutes followed by another 30-minute phone conversation. They didn't ask any tricky or "gotchya" questions - it was all specific to my resume and background. The interviewers made me feel really comfortable and you could tell they are passionate about their jobs. Overall a very pleasant experience!

Interview Questions

• Why Dell?
      Why technology?
      Tell me about a project you worked on where you had to overcome resistance.   Answer Question

27 Oct 2016 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with our team and our followers. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience overall. We hope that whatever offer you choose to take you are successful in your endeavors. Best of luck to you!

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred for the job. The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen with the hiring manager. Then I met on site. After the on site interview, the manager then directed me to another director to make sure I would get confirmed. This was an awkward process considering the face to face is usually the last piece but I went with the script.

Overall, this should have been something to let me know this may not have been the right place to be.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can do this work?   1 Answer

Senior Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

I was called by phone to schedule an interview, we scheduled it for the next day. The interviewer sent an email 15 minutes past the interview start time saying she was out sick and we rescheduled again for the next day. The next day, she was a no-show with no explanation given. I find this very unprofessional, and I withdrew my application. Very disappointing from a large and well known company.

Interview Questions

• "What time would you like to have the interview?"
      "What time would you like to reschedule the interview for?"   Answer Question

15 Sep 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

We agree - very disappointing. We hate to hear about experiences like this and are discussing on an on-going basis what is required of a professional interview experience. Best of luck to you and apologies for such a negative experience in scheduling.

Senior Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

From initial conversations to offer, Dell recruiting handled the entire process that went very smoothly. I had three rounds of calls with eight people total. All interviewers were concise and asked pointed questions. They were very interested in what I had done in previous roles. From interviews to decision, the process went quickly.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strength.   1 Answer

11 Mar 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and our followers/potential candidates. Congratulations on your offer and welcome to Dell!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (New Delhi).

Interview

Online application followed by contact from HR about a phone screen. Total time 2 weeks from the date of application. This phone screen was postponed without any prior communication to me. Finally, when it did happen, it was so unprofessional to the point that it was hilarious. For the role of Senior Strategy Advisor, focused on Commercial GTM, an Analyst was my interviewer who had absolutely no clue what GTM meant for Commercial Business of Dell in India. This was followed by live Excel Test, about which the hiring team including HR did not inform me or advised to prepare. Few minutes into the call when questions were about SQL & complex Excel skills, I politely declined to move forward in the interview process as I felt the questions were focused towards someone with experienced Analyst skills than Senior Strategy Advisor. The most disappointing part is gross unprofessionalism from Dell India hiring team that scheduled an Analyst interviewer who had no knowledge of GTM to interview for the Senior Strategy Advisor. I had asked atleast twice before the interview was there any preparation needed, but I was told it would be a general discussion. Either the Title and Description was a complete mismatch or a scheduling issue, either way it was a complete waste of time for me and a complete waste of hiring resources for Dell. Or the Title was just to glorify a role that no one was interested to do or was challenging to hire for. On top of that no communication to the candidate about Interview format which is very basic but critical part. And not surprising no follow-up from HR. Very disappointed.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Hyderabad) in December 2019.

Interview

Right from the job posting until the offer letter, Dell follows a fair practices and one gets to know what's happening next. Interviewers are flexible to arrange a convenient time (in case of a different time zone) and can interview over phone/skype/face to face.

Interview Questions

• What are my aspirations and why would I like to take up this role?   Answer Question

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone call with a HR person the day after I submitted application. Then had an interview with 2 people a week later. Then was called for another interview a week after that. Then had a phone interview the next day with the head of department who was based in Texas. They never got back to me. All of the interviews involved talking through my CV with a couple of competency style questions thrown in. There was significant overlap between the interviews. I was asked where I saw myself in 5 years time in all 3 of the interviews. The interviewers were very friendly and generally it was pretty informal. The HR person organising things was very professional.

Senior Advisor Interview

Interview

there were three interviews one with HR one with the hiring manager and one with teh CFO. the interview was pretty standard and there was no trick questions being asked.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.